watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale is doing the business

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 27, 2016, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Stocky is turning into quite the goal keeper for Brighton... always a favorite of mine despite his occasional cock-ups.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

dannyboi-ffc

treated terribly here. Always stepped in for Schwarzer and made a good impression but was always dropped again the second Mark was fit. Loaned out to help Hull get promoted but never got a move there as their prem number one. Stepped in for that Everton keeper and when most heads were dropping he gave the team passion and character and couldn't have done more to keep us up. He's then sold by that nutter with a cheese obsession to a fellow championship club!! Are you 'avin a laugh Fulham???

The day we were relegated at Stoke only 3 players showed any love and respect for the fans. Sidwell and Hangeland came over and shared our pain with Stockdale crying his eyes out. The rest just didn't care. And yet they were the first 3 on Magath's list to go.......clueless.

Its hindsight now but Stockdale ironically would have been perfect for the Joka style. Fantastic with his feet but that ships sailed now. Not everyone rated Stockers highly as we do but I don't think any Fulham fan will have any reason not to be pleased for him.

He deserves this!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

The Old Count

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 27, 2016, 08:35:58 PM
treated terribly here. Always stepped in for Schwarzer and made a good impression but was always dropped again the second Mark was fit. Loaned out to help Hull get promoted but never got a move there as their prem number one. Stepped in for that Everton keeper and when most heads were dropping he gave the team passion and character and couldn't have done more to keep us up. He's then sold by that nutter with a cheese obsession to a fellow championship club!! Are you 'avin a laugh Fulham???

The day we were relegated at Stoke only 3 players showed any love and respect for the fans. Sidwell and Hangeland came over and shared our pain with Stockdale crying his eyes out. The rest just didn't care. And yet they were the first 3 on Magath's list to go.......clueless.

Its hindsight now but Stockdale ironically would have been perfect for the Joka style. Fantastic with his feet but that ships sailed now. Not everyone rated Stockers highly as we do but I don't think any Fulham fan will have any reason not to be pleased for him.

He deserves this!!!!!

+ 1   Well put

Andy S

Stockdale was always going to be a number one keeper somewhere. He wanted it to be in the prem for which he was paid well by us. Yes it is a shame he was let go by the mad man but he has gone to Brighton where he has won the support of the fans. He also retains our respect. However I don't feel sorry for him as his career has been dictated to by he and his agent. He has not won promotion yet so no congratulations are in order. But I wish him well

MaidenheadMick

Never let us down when called upon. Glad he's doing well but hope he has a mare next week!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Old Count on December 27, 2016, 09:41:17 PM

He deserves this!!!!!

+ 1   Well put

David Stockwell, Steve Sidwell and Bred Hangland were Fulham men through and through. They were the heartbeat of the team, and if they had been retained by an unappreciating new Chairman who hired a Control Freak as a Manager to stick the final knife in between the third and fourth rib of Fulham FC, then the trauma and damage that's been inflicted would have been avoided.
All of us on here should know that anyway. We cannot turn the clock back, it's a stain on our history and it makes my blood boil.
But maybe the wheel has turned its full circle, what goes round comes round. But possibly  by the end of the season, we could be knocking on the Premier door. Nevertheless, it still hurts. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Quote from: Andy S on December 27, 2016, 09:48:07 PM
Stockdale was always going to be a number one keeper somewhere. He wanted it to be in the prem for which he was paid well by us. Yes it is a shame he was let go by the mad man but he has gone to Brighton where he has won the support of the fans. He also retains our respect. However I don't feel sorry for him as his career has been dictated to by he and his agent. He has not won promotion yet so no congratulations are in order. But I wish him well

Really surprised to be seeing others slag him. This is spot on. He was good for us - apparently others forgot. He's at at a top championship club that is about to be promoted, and that reflects his obvious skill.

If Khan knew what he was doing, he'd be playing in the PL as I type. Fact.

@jolslover

He deserves this!!!!!

+1 +1
STH H3

Lighthouse

Very sad when he left. We really should have done more to keep him and are left with trying to bring in keepers who aren't as good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Good for him.  He deserves the chance he's been given. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

He deserves this!!!!!

damn, son; this is me agreeing with every syllable you wrote. Well said.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whitesideup

Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2016, 11:43:07 PM

He deserves this!!!!!

+1 +1

+1+1+1

Particularly agree with the comment about Hangeland, Stockdale and Sidwell being committed to the cause, and losing them was one of the worst things the mad German did. I know there were some who thought the odd error Hangeland made when playing through his back problems had reduced him to a liability, but the simple fact was we conceded on average almost a goal a game fewer when he played in that last season.  Sidwell perhaps lacks the composure of a top quality player, but did you ever see him give less than 100%? And Stockdale is a quality keeper. What on earth made us let him go for a measly million?

RaySmith

He deserves this!!!!!

+1 +1
I was  at the Stoke game and remember those three being the only ones to  clap the fans, and Stockdale was  leading them. He was someone who always expressed his love for the club, and Sidwell  also said in   radio interview that he wanted to stay, so why them being sold, especially Stockdale, was a real shock, and baffling.

Was Magath to blame, or was he ordered to make a clear out of experienced players and  introduce youth - which seems completely counter to all common sense, to get rid of ALL your experienced pros on relegation, except one - Parker.

I know  FFP was probably something to do with this, but just playing a team of youngsters was madness. Danny Kelly said on Talksport, that Magath thought the Championship was like a Sunday league - and I think there is some  truth in that.

Crazy to sell Stockdale and Sidwell anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 28, 2016, 11:17:52 AM

He deserves this!!!!!

+1 +1
I was  at the Stoke game and remember those three being the only ones to  clap the fans, and Stockdale was  leading them. He was someone who always expressed his love for the club, and Sidwell  also said in   radio interview that he wanted to stay, so why them being sold, especially Stockdale, was a real shock, and baffling.

Was Magath to blame, or was he ordered to make a clear out of experienced players and  introduce youth - which seems completely counter to all common sense, to get rid of ALL your experienced pros on relegation, except one - Parker.

I know  FFP was probably something to do with this, but just playing a team of youngsters was madness. Danny Kelly said on Talksport, that Magath thought the Championship was like a Sunday league - and I think there is some  truth in that.

Crazy to sell Stockdale and Sidwell anyway.

Your absolutely right, i still cannot comprehend why this club sold Stockdale and Sidwall. Whether the departure was orchestrated by Magath or Khan or both, having them both at Fulham at the same time was a recipe for disaster.
Hiring Magath by Khan and his half witted regime was the worst decision since Abraham Lincoln said to his wife. " I am fed up kicking around the house, let's go take in a show. "
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LBNo11

He deserves this!!!!!

...couldn't have put it better. Stockers and his wife loved it at Fulham and really cared. Magath's appointment was a complete disaster and his decision to clear out those who cared highlighted this...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on December 28, 2016, 11:41:24 AM
Not sure why everyone gets so upset about Stockdale.

You let players go and some of them come good elsewhere. That's life. Look at Mark Hudson, Huddersfield captain, commanding centre back, exactly what we need. Who wouldn't have him back as well? 

At premiership level Stockdale was a poor player in a poor team. Now he's found his level down here, good for him, but at 31, even for a goalkeeper he ain't going to get any better.

With hindsight, particularly with the FFP breach mentioned above, it seems clear to me Stockdale and everyone else we offloaded that summer went for economic reasons, Rightly or wrongly. I doubt his ability or potential were ever considered. Apparently even Bettinelli is on high wages, probably more than Button.

Statto - you live in a strange world. Everyone has made it quite clear why we were disappointed to see him go, so even if you disagree, understanding should not be an issue.

filham

Stockdale was never anywhere near as good as Schwarzer but now he is far better than anything we have. Time changes things, he wasn't needed in our premiership days but we could really do with him now.

LBNo11

Quote from: Statto on December 28, 2016, 02:46:09 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on December 28, 2016, 02:23:36 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 28, 2016, 11:41:24 AM
Not sure why everyone gets so upset about Stockdale.

You let players go and some of them come good elsewhere. That's life. Look at Mark Hudson, Huddersfield captain, commanding centre back, exactly what we need. Who wouldn't have him back as well? 

At premiership level Stockdale was a poor player in a poor team. Now he's found his level down here, good for him, but at 31, even for a goalkeeper he ain't going to get any better.

With hindsight, particularly with the FFP breach mentioned above, it seems clear to me Stockdale and everyone else we offloaded that summer went for economic reasons, Rightly or wrongly. I doubt his ability or potential were ever considered. Apparently even Bettinelli is on high wages, probably more than Button.

Statto - you live in a strange world. Everyone has made it quite clear why we were disappointed to see him go, so even if you disagree, understanding should not be an issue.

and he was fat

...Jim Stannard must have been even more crap on that basis...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bill taylors apprentice

I rated Stockdale , although he needed to improve aspects of his game (which he has) but even a blind man could see he was of loaded along with others due to his salary, pure and simple!

It wasn't nice and I would have liked a different approach from the club but it was financial.

toshes mate

He deserves this!!!!!

+1