watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alistair Mackintosh

Started by FPT, March 02, 2014, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Recently, our CEO has been subject to a few fierce statements with regards to his credentials to control Fulham Football Club, so here is a list of things he's done elsewhere as well as his impact at Fulham FC.

- He saw over and organised Manchester City's move from Maine Road, to now what is called the Etihad.

- Was a big reason in Kevin Keegan's sacking at Manchester City, worried by Keegan's want to constantly keep spending on new players, stating Leeds United as a faulty business model. Quote "they invested in top talent, at top prices, with long contracts and a business model based on constant European football."

- At Manchester City, he managed wages against turnover, essentially meaning the higher you finish in the league, the more is eligible to be spent. Another quote "It's about being within a responsibly run business, of which accountancy is at the forefront,'

- Heavily involved in the appointment of Felix Magath. As it stands, we do not know whether Alistair Mackintosh was truly behind the sacking of Rene Meulensteen, but all we can make opinions on, is Rene Meulensteen's statements: "I knew the owners were freaking out a little bit that there was the possibility of the club going down. The way forward that we have discussed with the club was about longevity and in this case it is clearly an act of fear." Has he bunched Alistair Mackintosh into a bundle of 'owners?' But, he also states that his discussions with the club is longevity with suggests Alistair Mackintosh is thinking long term.

- He helped establish and improve our academy, with the appointments of former-Southampton academy director Huw Jennings. To quote Jennings: At Man City, with very little resources because they slumped through the divisions, they re-emerged on the back of a really vibrant youth policy. He [Alistair] made it clear to me that at Fulham he'd like to give youth an opportunity because perhaps in the past that's not been the case. The excitement for me was to go into a club where there hadn't been a DNA for youth and hoping to create one."

- He gets stick for signing an "injured striker" for a "record fee" but I think you're twisting the situation into your favour simply to make your argument feel stronger. He's not injured, and hasn't been injured since he joined us, he isn't match fit, that's a completely different thing. Also, when I analyse Felix Magath's quote, it says to me that Mitroglou would be fine if we were playing in a slower league, but the Premier League is the quickest in the world, making it unfair to Kostas Mitroglou to throw him into a situation at this point, he cannot handle.

Through study and research, I've collected some information, admittedly not much, but perhaps there are things there that you didn't know before.

Whatever happens this year, I can't thank him enough for what he's done in helping establish our academy, and I love that he looks after the finances, otherwise, we turn into Portsmouth, except we wouldn't attract 13k to League Two games.

Maybe some of you haven't changed your minds, but maybe you should be more appreciative of his abilities.

RidgeRider

Thing is though, didn't Man City let him go when they wanted to implement a Champions League strategy for revenue?

Didn't AM pursue Jol as our savior? and didn't AM, convince Khan not to spend this past summer because everything was 'fine'? Didn't AM let Jol stay too long?

My last comment was not a quote but my reaction to the summer dealings. Lots of activity but not much spending on anything that was exciting or truly going to make a big difference in the side like he did in January when it was clear we were desperate.

Reither was probably the best bit of business we did last summer.

Interesting bits, and you may be right, but I am not convinced he is all that good. He has been made to look better by Roy Hodgson's time here.

PokerMatt

Did Keegan not leave City because he said he wanted to retire before the end of his contract? So they let him go early. That's what I've always thought.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Baszab

I don't understand why people feel compelled to defend this guy - FFC has been run in the most shambolic way for the last few years - why the need to give him good press on this board all the time ??

bill taylors apprentice

Your research has not thrown up anything not already widely known, not sure if your defending him or not?

IMO Mackintosh may have been good at some aspects of his job but has now found himself without the support of the Directors and advisers from the MAF regime.    
It seems he is now having to make more decisions himself with an absent owner on the one hand, while other big decisions are being made despite him e.g. Mitro.  

We don't know for sure what his responsibility is but he is running the show on a day to day basis and it stinks.

fulhamrover

Mackintosh has built a good academy. However he has overseen a disastrous first team recruitment policy and his treatment of Rene Meulensteen was unpleasant.

Poor first team recruitment policy:
Kostas Mitroglou, 12 million pounds and lets Dimitar Berbatov go leaving us with a choice of Rodaellga or Bent is shambolic.
Scott Parker, 4 million plus high wages instead of a similarly priced Tom Huddlestone.
Darren Bent on loan, there was a reason Paul Lambert did not rate him.
Amorebieta - One of the worst center halves I have ever seen.
Boateng - Chased him for two years
Failed to get a competent left back in the January window.
Let Danny Murphy go. That man should be at Fulham in some capacity.
*4 million on Greening

He should be signing off on deals but from what I have read, The Nowhere Men, it is implied that he is very hands on deciding who we go for.  

Khan says he has a hands off approach and he should really stick to his word. Appoint Williams, Blackburn's ex-CEO, highly rated and let him work his magic. The current CEO has failed Fulham and the fans.  

Lighthouse

Mackintosh wanted Jol in and Magath. Had held onto the club to make it sustainable when a little investment would have gone a along way.

Mackintosh was congratulated by Kahn for his January singnings under mining Rene.

How many January singnings were used yesterday?

Mackintosh has failed over a long period and his choices of manager have appeared to be awful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Danitar

He only had the idea to sort out the academy but he wasnt a coach that transformed the academy on the ground level I think that's disrespectful to the likes of kit and co. To me Ali Mac is going everything to save his skin rather than this club with sacking Rene and bringing Felix in. He screwed the summer transfer window and we should've got better targets in the summer and I believe jol would still be in the job. I think Ali brought mitroglou so it would look like he can attract big names and it looks like he's done a good job in khans eyes. To me if we go down we can safely say Ali is gone

Burt

I have no idea what happens behind the scenes and how Ali Mac does (or doesn't) go about his business.

Some of the stuff here may be right, some of it may be wrong, and a lot of it is based on conjecture rather than first hand knowledge of what actually happens in the boardroom, or how the club is actually managed.

Jack Fulham

Wouldn't blame Mackintosh for Mitroglou. Only the chairman would sanction a move with a fee that big and considering the managerial changes we were having at the time, it was probably a chairman signing.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 02, 2014, 05:52:24 PM
Wouldn't blame Mackintosh for Mitroglou. Only the chairman would sanction a move with a fee that big and considering the managerial changes we were having at the time, it was probably a chairman signing.

A Chairman  has the money but he clearly knows nothing about football and would have given over responsibility to Mackintosh. Kahn made a statement to that effect when Rene was sacked.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 02, 2014, 05:56:10 PM

A Chairman  has the money but he clearly knows nothing about football and would have given over responsibility to Mackintosh. Kahn made a statement to that effect when Rene was sacked.

Agreed, Khan's not scouting and signing, he only said "yes" to the logic in the move and to release the funds for the move. I highly doubt he initiated the signing of Mitro

nose

Quote from: Burt on March 02, 2014, 05:47:46 PM
I have no idea what happens behind the scenes and how Ali Mac does (or doesn't) go about his business.

Some of the stuff here may be right, some of it may be wrong, and a lot of it is based on conjecture rather than first hand knowledge of what actually happens in the boardroom, or how the club is actually managed.

whilst you are undoubtedly completely correct about first hand knowledge, what we can see is the result of his stewardship and IMO a game is based on the players, a season (or sequence of games) the manager and the longer term direction the CEO/Chairman and in that respect it is clear the man in question has been poor. we have been in decline because of a poor strategy to select and keep nthe man called jol and then not sort out a proper strategy to replace him.

Pluto

CEOs are judged on the decisions they make for their company. The decisions he has made for Fulham over the last three seasons have been shambolic. One bad decision after the next. He could hardly have got it any more wrong.

His policies may have been effective 6 seasons ago at Man City but the game has changed and evolved and he simply hasn't adapted. Any decent CEO would have resigned by now instead of letting others take the blame.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 02, 2014, 06:05:25 PM

Agreed, Khan's not scouting and signing, he only said "yes" to the logic in the move and to release the funds for the move. I highly doubt he initiated the signing of Mitro

Word is that Khan's son has become heavily involved and Mitroglou was his idea.

ron

He is (and they are) the best thing since sliced bread, and we are in deadly danger of meltdown should we fall through the trap door.

There you go. The ultimate truth in a sentence if you appreciate the current management.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I have the feeling the he knows the money side of football very well, but doesn't much about evaluating talent or how football is actually played on the pitch. When MAF left (and football clueless Kahn took over) he was placed in a position where he was making football decisions he really had no business making. This resulted in the horrendous summer transfer window, not really knowing when and if Jol should go, and spunking 12million on a crocked Greek center forward. In other words Ali Mac has reached the level of his incompetence.

HatterDon

Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 02, 2014, 09:29:01 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on March 02, 2014, 06:05:25 PM

Word is that Khan's son has become heavily involved and Mitroglou was his idea.

Word from whom? What's Khan's son's name anyhow?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

051 has a son named Thumney?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel