watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Same team for Arsenal please.

Started by Sgt Fulham, January 14, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Yes it is a very poor Norwich side, but it was also a poor Sunderland side and we look much more solid at the back and confident attacking. Dejagah, Kaca and Kasami have been great and Bent has stretched their defence. I do not see how they could do any worse than the team against Sunderland. How has Rene been playing Senderos over Burn?

ToodlesMcToot

Burn has only been here for three matches and has played two of them.

Of course Burn wasn't chosen for the Sunderland game, but I wouldn't have put him out with anyone except Hangeland for fear of exactly what happened in the Sunderland game and what that might've done to the young lad's confidence. Since Hangeland wasn't available, I believe not starting Burn in that match was the proper decision.

Having said that, I believe there's a fair chance that, Hangeland aside, Burn is the best capable CB that we have at the club. But if Rene doesn't believe that, then Burn has to go back out on loan. Far better for him to amass minutes at Birmingham than it is sitting the bench for us. Something tells me that if we don't get another CB in January, then Burn will make our first team roster next season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

YoungsBitter

I think Burn deserves his chance in Prem - we have two games left before loan window closes, if he struggles against Arse is that enough to kill his confidence? The next cup game against Sheff Utd is up next and he deserves that
Quark, strangeness and charm

Sgt Fulham

Fully agree about Burn not playing against Sunderland but now that Hangeland is back I would love to see him given a run. Would love us to sign a decent CB that is under the age of 30 this window and have Burn as backup. Richardson looked good tonight but I still think we need a new LB. Do this and the defense should become a lot more solid.

Yarden

I find it funny that some people on this board said that Hangeland shouldnt walk rigth back into the team.  090.gif

YoungsBitter

We looked so much more mobile tonight- should be same team against Arse with Berba in for Bent and Parker in for Karag, wouldn't change anything else. Sadly I think he will start Dempsey and we need pace against the Arse, for defending if nothing else

grandad

Playing with Hangers Burn is ready for the prem. There are 2 games for him before the end of the window. He should be given a chance in the league. Please Rene don´t play Berbatov. We are so different without him slowing up everything. It will be very different against Arsenal but replacing Kara with Parker is the only change I would make.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Furby

Great night tonight, set off from seeing the starting back four. That'd be my choice for the rest of the season if we don't get another left back. Only change I'd make is Parker for Karagounis, possibly Berba for Bent. Also great to see the three subs, who although only got ten minutes max, but gave the team a bit of energy. Dembele looked more lively than Bent did all game.

Count Berbatov

The Norwich side was poor. Don't fool yourselves. But yes, Dejagah, Kaca, Kasami, Karagounis, Sidwell should all keep their places. Bent did good too, but someone like Taarabt or Berbs will help keep the ball, in the rare chances you get it moving forward
The Burn situation is a bit more complex. I'd like to see him against a stronger side. Hangeland should be back immediately. he needed this game and did well for the most part
Richardson was only good, because they didn't attack the flanks.
All in all, good confidence shot for those on the pitch, but no, I don't think this is the optimal side to face Arsenal
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

YoungsBitter

I would keep the overall structure and give Burn a go, I prefer Richardson over Retreating Riise but agree Tarabt or Berba instead of Bent and Parker will start over Karagounis as he just played 83 mins

ToodlesMcToot

Against Arsenal:

Stek

Reither        Hangeland             Burn            Riise

Parker            Sidwell
                               Kara
Dejagah                                            Richardson

Bent
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 14, 2014, 09:44:12 PM
We looked so much more mobile tonight- should be same team against Arse with Berba in for Bent and Parker in for Karag, wouldn't change anything else. Sadly I think he will start Dempsey and we need pace against the Arse, for defending if nothing else

The reason we were more mobile tonight was because we did not play Parker   :022:

Tooting legend

Agreed but I would put Parker in place of Sidwell.... and Riise in place of Richardson. Other then that I would go with the team tonight.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 14, 2014, 09:55:55 PM
Against Arsenal:

Stek

Reither        Hangeland             Burn            Riise

Parker            Sidwell
                               Kara
Dejagah                                            Richardson

Bent

Kara played all game tonight so he cannot play plus sadly he will ripped to shreds by Arsenal midfield, my call would be to let Kasami lead the triangle and Taraabt up top, like against Man City. I like Richardson in left mid but Riise will get killed by Oxelade Ch, Ozil or Gragny so he is our best option and thats a weak one at left back. Kaca worked hard on his defensive duties tonight so maybe he gets the start. Please not Dempsey tho.

Fulham_Surrey

nonsense, the difference today were the wingers.  Against Sunderland, we did not play with Dejagah and Kaca, and that showed.  Berba played great at the Emirates last season. Rather play the same team with Berba on top for Bent.

Count Berbatov

I have to agree. The wingers made the difference
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Cravenawin

Thought Burn was going back to Birmingham after tonight's game.

FPT

Karagounis played 90 minutes, he simply cannot play an hour against Arsenal.

I'd line up with:

----------------Stekelenburg
Riether----Hangeland----Burn----Amorebieta
--------------------Parker
-------------Sidwell----Kasami
Dejagah----------------------------Kacaniklic
-----------------Berbatov

Maarten Stekelenburg showed his class today, his save, from I think it may have been Josh Murphy, was superb in the first few minutes. He also had another couple of good goalkeeping moments but my minds blank at the moment.

Brede Hangeland is such a comforting, calming person to have in the side, I don't think he or Dan Burn lost an aerial battle. Both very similar, but also complimented each other well today. Dan Burn is my man of the match, he was constantly talking, and didn't put a foot wrong barring the odd too many long balls into Bent.

Fernando Amorebieta's best games for Fulham have probably come at left back, he's good on the ball, good in the tackle and his more reserved nature as a full back could suit a game vs. Arsenal more than a Riise or Richardson.

Parker to protect the back four, that's the crucial area in which Arsenal are so lethal, we need to protect the edge of the box superbly otherwise we will just be ripped to absolute pieces. Pajtim Kasami added another dimension to the Riether and Dejagah partnership today, some of the play in that triangle was superb. Steve Sidwell has probably been our player of the season this year; his goal makes him Fulham's top goal scorer in all competitions.

Ashkan Dejagah is the most effective player at the club. He's got such good ball control, a burst of speed and a fantastic weapon for us. Alex Kacaniklic had his bright moments today, his final ball was lacking but he was beginning to look like the Kaca of old.

I was tempted by Adel Taarabt up front; and I still am tempted, but Dimitar Berbatov's natural ability and his quality with the ball gives us the cutting edge.

epsomraver

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 14, 2014, 10:08:29 PM
Agreed but I would put Parker in place of Sidwell.... and Riise in place of Richardson. Other then that I would go with the team tonight.

What a stupid suggestion, drop sidwell!!!!

Furby

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 14, 2014, 11:07:49 PM
There is no way Bent will start Saturday, I would expect Duff, Dempsey, Berbatov & Parker to return. Do I agree with this? No, but it will happen

I agree with three of those, I'm not so sure Duff will start though.