more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged - Official Smith departs for QPR

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, January 31, 2017, 02:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

permanent move, undisclosed fee

Surely we wouldn't have done this without a new forward or two?

Would we?

Best wishes Smithy & thanks

Apprentice to the Maestro

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/31/smith-departs

The Club can confirm that Matt Smith has joined Queens Park Rangers on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

The striker joined Fulham on the final day of the 2014 summer transfer window, and he has gone on to score nine times in 53 appearances. He netted the winner in each of our opening two matches of the current season.

We would like to thank Matt for his efforts during his time at the Club, and wish him all the best for the future.

HatterDon

It appears to me that, just like during the summer session, we have players ready made to announce. It's ludicrous to think that we'd let go three strikers without having at least two in our back pocket.

The BEST news here is that Betts's knees are finally safe. Perhaps the Rangers will be relegated and Smith can return to his appropriate skill level.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

OdecaMynoT

I know he was a bit of a lump but I always hoped he'd come good for us.

His spell at Bristol City highlighted the best of him where he scored a lot of excellent goals.

Sorry to see him go especially to that lot next door.(well almost)

Anyway good luck to him.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Mince n Tatties

nose

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 31, 2017, 02:08:47 PM
permanent move, undisclosed fee

Surely we wouldn't have done this without a new forward or two?

Would we?

Best wishes Smithy & thanks

yes we would.
when martin was out we didn't play smith at the front we played aayiote or aluko or piazon because it was a fluid formation that saw the players drift from position to position which IMO is a prefectly valid methodology...  but in british football having no centre forward as back up would seem daft.

king of Cheese

It is not that I am too sad he has gone but given that we need another striker why do we get rid of one we already have with no replacement or addition? This club sometimes reminds me of my work where stupid decisions are made and no one knows why. At least I cant be blamed for this one.

Mince n Tatties

Great Goodbye from him on Twitter,think his heart is left behind at the Cottage.

Lighthouse

Matt Smith has paid tribute to all at Fulham after completing his move across west London to QPR.

The departed Whites striker has found game time limited at Craven Cottage since joining in the summer of 2014.

The 27-year-old has only made 51 appearances in the Championship in that time, with just 20 of those from the start.

After completing a move across west London, Smith took to Twitter to say: "From the bottom of my heart, a massive thank you to everyone associated with Fulham Football Club, not least you fans, for all your support for what's been an incredibly enjoyable period of my career.

"I'll always be especially proud to say that I've pulled on the Fulham shirt and wheeled away to celebrate goals in front of the Cottage.

"It's a special place. I've made some amazing friendships at the club, as well as behind the scenes, so wishing you and everyone else at FFC nothing but the best for the future."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

Fulham transfers: Matt Smith pens wonderful goodbye message to Whites fans
The departed Whites striker has found game time limited at Craven Cottage since joining in the summer of 2014

Matt Smith has paid tribute to all at Fulham after completing his move across west London to QPR.

The departed Whites striker has found game time limited at Craven Cottage since joining in the summer of 2014.

The 27-year-old has only made 51 appearances in the Championship in that time, with just 20 of those from the start.

After completing a move across west London, Smith took to Twitter to say: "From the bottom of my heart, a massive thank you to everyone associated with Fulham Football Club, not least you fans, for all your support for what's been an incredibly enjoyable period of my career.

1-0: Matt Smith rises to head home

"I'll always be especially proud to say that I've pulled on the Fulham shirt and wheeled away to celebrate goals in front of the Cottage.

"It's a special place. I've made some amazing friendships at the club, as well as behind the scenes, so wishing you and everyone else at FFC nothing but the best for the future."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfers-matt-smith-pens-12534907

copthornemike

Unless the club believes there is a cast iron certainty that a striker  is coming in I am surprised SJ would have sanctioned Smith's release - valuable squad player at a minimum with a positive attitude  Hopefully by 11 pm the situation will become clear

Woolly Mammoth

Come back Smudger. Fulhamben has instructed me to send you a personal message from him saying " come back all is forgiven ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

I hope he scores lots of goals. First reason being it will help our push for the play-offs and secondly to shut up some of the armchair experts on here.

Good luck Mr Smith real shame things didn't work out for you here.

SP

Bet he was cuffed to get a 3 & a half year contract.

Nero

"It's a special place."

Bet the Haha fans will love him saying that lol