more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Since Shahid Khan took over

Started by BedsFFC, April 04, 2015, 11:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

We have dropped 28 places.

That's 28 places in 18 months of football.

If we continued at that rate. By the end of the season 17/18 we would be in 92nd place.

dannyboi-ffc

You're very optimistic I must say lol. Nothing surprises me any more. He has ruined our club
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mikestrand

It probably is not apparent to Khan at the moment being 5000 miles away on his yacht that there is any real problems.
Alarm bells will start ringing when season ticket sales are down 30-40% at that stage Khan as usual will be the last to know.

BedsFFC

Quote from: mikestrand on April 04, 2015, 12:19:46 PM
It probably is not apparent to Khan at the moment being 5000 miles away on his yacht that there is any real problems.
Alarm bells will start ringing when season ticket sales are down 30-40% at that stage Khan as usual will be the last to know.

Yes, it's one of things that does bug me about a foreign based owner. He has to rely on the current incumbents at the club. Them ringing the boss and saying "Hey Gaffer, things are real bad here" is rather like turkey's voting for Xmas. I think it's why things seem to happen so slow.

On a tangent, it doesn't appear that Curbishley has made any difference

ron

Khan might be bang on course, both on the yacht, and in the direction plotted out for FFC.

Conspiracy theories are alive and well.......

SouthIslandWhite

I know I am stating the obvious, but for me, as just a lowly old fan, it just reminds me of how powerless all of us really are?  I have absolutely zero say in how this unmitigated disaster unfolds.  Nothing I say or do can influence this catastrophe.  I am just like a motorist passing a bad car wreck on the M6.  I dare not look, but I also am comforted a slight bit in that I did not cause this Kharnage.

He is not only an aloof and totally disconnected owner, he is so busy owning and mismanaging another footballing disaster in Jacksonville Fla, that he has actually taken his level of incompetence as an owner and split in half.  In other words, Fulham don't have a singularly incompetent owner, we have actually 0.5 x the level of incompetence which similar foreign ownership debacles entail.

If you work out the maths, its quite astonishing.  Because Khan owns the Jacksonville Jaguars, FFC suffers almost double the rate of incompetence and neglect.

Its going to get a lot worse before it gets better I am afraid.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

PokerMatt

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 04, 2015, 11:23:17 AM

If we continued at that rate. By the end of the season 17/18 we would be in 92nd place.
Ridiculous.

There's no way it's taking that long for us to prop up the football league.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

J.Perkins

If we don't spend this summer, I will agree with wanting Khan out. Till then, he needs 1 more chance to prove himself to be a good owner.

mangoputney

+1 sustainablerelegation
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Reznor

We will look back one day at the Khan years as some of the worst. I cannot wait until he sells up. Complete disaster of an owner no matter how wealthy he is.

valdeingruo

The rot began way before Khan took over. MAF's lack of investment after 2010 set a platform of instability that was unfortunately magnified by an inexperienced new owner. He let the advisors in the club stay on and when their advice didn't work he made changes. Why do you think we've had so many different manager changes and personell moves? The man has invested in the club and been burned by it. Fees alone for McCormack and Mitroglu should demonstrate this. He saw his approach did not work with Muleensteen and Magath, so he found 5 people who we can all agree had a vested interest in picking the right man. Imagine if Kit wasn't picked at the time, there would have major dissent. Khan and the 5 couldn't win either way. None of the supporters really trusted MAF when he took over and I have a feeling that if this message board had exsisted then there would be calls for a "proper owner" as well. We all want a man at the helm who is there every week and is one of us. We don't have that. Instead we have a quiet self made man who is willing to trust and support the so called experts. This summer is crucial. Many of the players here will be gone and all of our loan moves seem to suggest that with Rigg aboard we will make our move this summer. I will wait till August to finally say yes or no to Khan.

Its nice that Khan doesn't fancy red isn't it?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Artful Dodger

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 04, 2015, 12:27:48 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on April 04, 2015, 12:19:46 PM

Yes, it's one of things that does bug me about a foreign based owner. He has to rely on the current incumbents at the club. Them ringing the boss and saying "Hey Gaffer, things are real bad here" is rather like turkey's voting for Xmas. I think it's why things seem to happen so slow.

On a tangent, it doesn't appear that Curbishley has made any difference
Do you think he knows we have been relegated yet? In fact, does he know you can be relegated in good old 'soccer'?!?

Curbishley.......did you honestly think that would work?? It just undermined Kit even more and was never going to work even if Kit does listen to him.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

snarks

Oh get a grip, he's invested when asked. As I posted on a thread the other day give me one player where it is confirmed he said no I won't pay for him. Just one, if you can't do that then what is the gripe, it can't be lack of investment. The manager, well he appointed a panel, and listened to the fans. I recall the hammy end singing "we've got our fulham back" just before kit was made permanent.

As MJG has said often enough FFP means the days of throwing money at it have long gone, I really don't understand why heis the subject of any ire except he's there.

HV71

Quote from: snarks on April 05, 2015, 06:54:03 PM
Oh get a grip, he's invested when asked. As I posted on a thread the other day give me one player where it is confirmed he said no I won't pay for him. Just one, if you can't do that then what is the gripe, it can't be lack of investment. The manager, well he appointed a panel, and listened to the fans. I recall the hammy end singing "we've got our fulham back" just before kit was made permanent.

As MJG has said often enough FFP means the days of throwing money at it have long gone, I really don't understand why heis the subject of any ire except he's there.

Amen to that Snarks

nose

khan i am sure has his heart in the right place and wnats what is best
BUT
since he took over his hands off stay away managenment style has killed us... when in danger any entity needs its leader to take charge,be seen and lead from the front
he has left an incompetent management teaam in place and we have turned from an ok prem team in need of a little attention to a dreadful championship team with so many players that really shouldn't be gracing our clubs colours.

the rot did not set in until he arrived because the previous owner was on site and making sure we were ok, this guy does not have a handel on the situation and remains too far away.... the appologist brigade, which there always is in times of crisis has it wrong as usual..... if khan stays and does not make his prescence felt OR get in a broper board that knows what it is doing, then get used to the idea we are facing another drop, if not this season then next and i doubt we will emulate southampton, i suspect we will end up where we were before MAF.

i certainly expected to see khan at the brentford game, his abscence was a disgraceful abrogation of leadership and if and when he deigns to show his face next i do hope he has the decency to stay for the whole 90 minutes.... just appearing when the jags are in town is an insult to us all.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 05, 2015, 07:39:25 PM
It's only my humble opinion, but I think You all make some very good sincere points, and some ways you are all right, and we would all love to see Fulham win their remaining matches and win them playing some smart football. Unfortunately the reality is that it ain't gonna happen, so on this occasion I have to agree with nose, as he made some very valid points.

you know what? you are so clever and i agree with you so I am making you my personal poster of the month!

Logicalman

Quote from: nose on April 05, 2015, 07:10:20 PM
khan i am sure has his heart in the right place and wnats what is best
BUT
since he took over his hands off stay away managenment style has killed us... when in danger any entity needs its leader to take charge,be seen and lead from the front
he has left an incompetent management teaam in place and we have turned from an ok prem team in need of a little attention to a dreadful championship team with so many players that really shouldn't be gracing our clubs colours.

the rot did not set in until he arrived because the previous owner was on site and making sure we were ok, this guy does not have a handel on the situation and remains too far away.... the appologist brigade, which there always is in times of crisis has it wrong as usual..... if khan stays and does not make his prescence felt OR get in a broper board that knows what it is doing, then get used to the idea we are facing another drop, if not this season then next and i doubt we will emulate southampton, i suspect we will end up where we were before MAF.

i certainly expected to see khan at the brentford game, his abscence was a disgraceful abrogation of leadership and if and when he deigns to show his face next i do hope he has the decency to stay for the whole 90 minutes.... just appearing when the jags are in town is an insult to us all.

Sorry mate, have to totally disagree with this statement. The forebearer of our disastrous last Prem season was Jol, simple as that, and he was here long before Khan arrived, or should I say MaF sold out!
The rot started when the maintenance of the team was stopped, and that was 4 years ago. If I buy a house that has stood strong for a decade and then collapses after a year, it's very unlikely my recent lack of investment was the original cause of that, it would have started much sooner, and that is the case for the club as well.

That is not to say Khan is without any fault, he should have both been more aware of the club he was buying and the predicament it was in over his first season. He made plenty of mistakes, but I would ask one question: Why did MaF sell such a well run and maintained club? My response would be he ran out of available funds, saw what was happening and hoped he could get somebody with money to save the legacy he had so graciously built up over the previous decade+.

(The rest of that last part of yours I would agree wholeheartedly with)
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

e4b

I tend to agree with Logicalman. Good post

Domino1879

And we have conceded 157 goals in 78 matches.  Therein lies the problem.

Domino1879

And we have conceded 157 goals in 78 matches.  Therein lies the problem.