News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I just want to say that I am so very, very proud of the team tonight...

Started by LBNo11, February 18, 2010, 10:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...despite our injuries, every player stood up to be counted, yes there are still some frailties with some of the players, but they pulled together and when they looked to be under the cosh, showed the character to come back against the UEFA cup holders and show that despite everything we stick together as a team, the team that Mr Hodgson built.

Many people around Europe and the world watched Fulham tonight, some perhaps for the first time - and we have made our mark.

Tonight we had a coming of age...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Fecking hell LB are you trying to out do me on the VERY VERY stakes? Fecking terrific wasn't it? I'm VERY VERY VERY VERY proud of the boys. Fantastic result against a great side.

clintclintdeuce

Any further progres by the boys will really put us on the map. I think we only need one goal in Shaktar to get us though.... potentially to a mind altering tie with Juventus...JUVENTUS
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on February 18, 2010, 10:48:28 PM
Any further progres by the boys will really put us on the map. I think we only need one goal in Shaktar to get us though.... potentially to a mind altering tie with Juventus...JUVENTUS
Not bothered by Juve, if we beat this Ukranian lot i more than fancy us against a Juve side on the slide. Italian football is on a downward spiral, and Juve have a crap attendance,despite most of Italy supporting them. What was the score against Ajax?

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 18, 2010, 10:52:08 PM
Not bothered by Juve, if we beat this Ukranian lot i more than fancy us against a Juve side on the slide. Italian football is on a downward spiral, and Juve have a crap attendance,despite most of Italy supporting them. What was the score against Ajax?

1-2 to Juve.... I just want to point out the historical value of Juventus, as they are a much much more storied club than shaktar will ever be. It would no doubtdly be the biggest tie weve ever had
The Dude abides.

The Swan

Great team performance tonight. Although Kelly and Baird were poor.
All we need is a 0-0 draw and we are through to the next round.
The Swan

mrska

Cracking performance..2nd half.. Mr Zamora... omg  what a cracker...    Still  ours to lose...very proud !

SheffieldWhite

LB, you are the Henry Winter and Brian Glanville of this board. You have crystallised the feelings of countless Fulham fans in such a passionate and committed way. Well done on a great evening and a well deserved result!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on February 18, 2010, 10:53:52 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 18, 2010, 10:52:08 PM

1-2 to Juve.... I just want to point out the historical value of Juventus, as they are a much much more storied club than shaktar will ever be. It would no doubtdly be the biggest tie weve ever had
Not Really CCD, Man utd , The Darkside, infact the top 5/6 of the Prem are much better than Juve. Yes they have history, but Shaktar would definately beat them, No future in History me old China. If we go through, i'd be very confident against the Grand old lady of Turin.COYWS

MurphLegend

juve would be a mental draw. murph would give pirlo a footballing lesson! my minds already on the away shakthar away, gonna have to park a bus in front of goal

PokerMatt

Quote from: MurphLegend on February 18, 2010, 11:28:31 PM
juve would be a mental draw. murph would give pirlo a footballing lesson! my minds already on the away shakthar away, gonna have to park a bus in front of goal

Would Pirlo bother showing up to watch us play Juve though?

I reckon we come out like tonight and nick one early and then it's game on - a nailbiting 80+ minutes!
Follow me: @mattdjourno

KCat

Yes, LB we all should be proud ..................this is indeed the best of times   

ghyneshynbq2.......i do not know how you watched the game, but Kelly had a good game, in particular his two crucial challenges.  I do not feel like being critical on this great night,  but Dixon was responsible for their goal, he was pedestrian for most of the game and I wanted to see Greening on instead.     
Two games a week,  is a game too many for Murphy.   
I am not one to willingly criticize  Simon Davies as he is the light on my landing......but Digger  was very lucky not to get booked, his timing was off-kilter, and he was not much help to  Kelly . 

Duff on the other hand was impeccable in his duties to Baird who was asked to play in his nightmare position

HatterDon

Quote from: KCat on February 19, 2010, 12:02:25 AM
Yes, LB we all should be proud ..................this is indeed the best of times   

ghyneshynbq2.......i do not know how you watched the game, but Kelly had a good game, in particular his two crucial challenges.  I do not feel like being critical on this great night,  but Dixon was responsible for their goal, he was pedestrian for most of the game and I wanted to see Greening on instead.     
I am not one to willingly criticize  Simon Davies as he is the light on my landing......but Digger  was very lucky not to get booked, his timing was off-kilter, and he was not much help to  Kelly . 

Duff on the other hand was impeccable in his duties to Baird who was asked to play in his nightmare position

Very fair K-K-K-Catty -- regards to the Fulham player assessments, but I think it's harsh on you to blame any one individual for their goal. They just overwhelmed us with magnificent midfield play and a master-class in flicking the ball about in the penalty area. They're just kinda better than we are, so I'm laughing too hard at beating them to find any negatives today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: HatterDon on February 19, 2010, 12:05:28 AM
Quote from: KCat on February 19, 2010, 12:02:25 AM

Very fair K-K-K-Catty -- regards to the Fulham player assessments, but I think it's harsh on you to blame any one individual for their goal. They just overwhelmed us with magnificent midfield play and a master-class in flicking the ball about in the penalty area. They're just kinda better than we are, so I'm laughing too hard at beating them to find any negatives today.

They my be better going forward but they are not better at the back, far from it I reckon
The Dude abides.

DevonFFC

Cracking game and cracking result, they knocked the ball round with ease and at time we looked un easy but we we kept them at bay. They took on an arsenal type approach in trying to walk the ball in as they obvo know to beat Big Swarz it has to a bloody impressive shot to beat him and for all there possession the big aussie didnt have to make nay saves bar one that tested him.

Just want to clear up one point as we play in europe does that mean that shoulder barging isnt allowed???

KCat

yes but no but.................. we made it easy for them in the middle of the park ...........Murphy gave it away too much and Dickson didn't bother to get it most of the time,  .......... that  ball was his for the taking and our defense  thought so too.. he let them down, simples  ;)

DevonFFC

Just quick one is Konch back for the next game as i heard that he only just failed a late fitness test?????

cebu

Quote from: ollienixs on February 19, 2010, 12:18:33 AM
Just quick one is Konch back for the next game as i heard that he only just failed a late fitness test?????
In Roy's prematch commentary it sounded like he might well be available for next week's match.

DevonFFC

however not to take anything away was kellys performance, the only slight concern i had was srna was drifting and hugging the touch line and not being picked up.

Fernhurst

Very well summed up LB ...... my overwhelming feeling coming away from the ground last night was also one of enormous PRIDE, beaming smile, puffed up chest..... we can take on the world!
The guts it took to step up to the plate and push them back in the second half was remarkable considering the one touch passing blitz we endured earlier. Zoltens flick and BZ's strike were just reward for a team welded together by Roy.

No matter what the result over there I will remember that match with deep affection.

The personnel change from boardroom to pitch but... FFC lives in our hearts and mind forever.

COYW