News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting stat - Maybe Hughes isn't that clever...

Started by Tktd, February 13, 2011, 03:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

So recently our performances have picked up and I'd put that down to the team getting his tactics and the return of Dembele and AJ to form with Sidwell solidifying our CM.

That said though I have just checked out some statistics - I like a stat every now and then.

Our top 3 goal scorers will suprise some of you...

Dempsey's in front with 10 - not a suprise

Second and third though may...

Kamara and Gera are 2nd and 3rd - why has he dropped them when they're our most attacking players and end-product ones too...

Then we go onto midfield - Assists!

Davies has recently found himself playing second fiddle to Duff and Dempsey - but whilst Dempseys inclusion is statistically justified when you realise that Davies is leading our assist tally (albeit with four assists) is does make me wonder at least, why three of our most potent attacking weapons have found themselves on the bench?

Davies has tonnes to offer whilst Duff has only just recently got his act together whilst as far as I'm concerned Gera has always proved his worth whn trusted and given a proper run in the team.

Another stat that may shock, although I may have posted it on here quite recently is Kamaras 5 goals have come from 10 appearences - meaning that goal to game ratio he's statistically up there with the best in the league.

Does anyone kow why Hughes is refusing to play our best players and at times freezing them out (Gera and Kamara prime examples)

I'd love to see everyone get game time and in ways we could do i, but I appreciate the need (especially when there's a real chance of us still getting caught up in the relegation mire) but surely it makes more sense to include these players?!

Gera's started 12 games and got 4 goals, Kamara 5 in 10, Davies has only just started more than Duff an has scored more goals and has 3 or 4 times more assists then Duff...

Any enlightening views?

HatterDon

If you take away Cup goals against lower league opposition -- Peterboro and Port Vale -- you'll get a better perspective on who has contributed and who hasn't.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

The most interesting stat is we are picking up more points now. Consider yourself enlightened  :54:

finnster01

I think what is more disturbing is that if you just look at goals scored in the Prem, two-thirds of the season gone our second scorer is Brede Hangeland.

How many would have predicted that?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tonywa

I suppose I should be the one to point out that three of Kamera's goal were against Peterborough United one was a tap-in which my granny could have put away, otherwise he's been his usual hit and miss self with the latter occasions being rather more frequent than the former.  What is it they say about 'lies, damn lies and statistics'?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on February 13, 2011, 03:14:25 PM
If you take away Cup goals against lower league opposition -- Peterboro and Port Vale -- you'll get a better perspective on who has contributed and who hasn't.

Voila:

http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Fulham/FA_Premier_League_2010-2011/Stats/

Basically, no one but Dempsey is going to get anywhere near 10 goals this season (Hangeland is on 3, lots of others on 2).

Mr Fulham

LRCN

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 13, 2011, 03:15:40 PM
The most interesting stat is we are picking up more points now. Consider yourself enlightened  :54:

bale has one assist and modric one goal in the league. they are very poor ways to analyse football.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The same set of Stats can prove anything .............AJ appears to be awful but we all know, while his scoring is not prolific he IS currently playing his best football in a Fulham shirt.  

IMO Davies is on the bench only because Sparky is trying out others, Davies appears to be ok with it, I do not see a problem there.
He( Sparky) is playing Duff back into tip - top condition as our most stylish player , also Duff is a better defender than Davies,  which is badly need to support the full backs.

I like Kamara but Roy was not kean and now Mark is not liking him either,
perhaps he is a bit of a Billy-Big - Boots ???

Gera is the fly in the ointment ????
On paper and in reality he is a Sparky type player ....................
yet he is not a regular ............strange one that

TonyGilroy

I don't think Gera's doing enough. He gets on virtually every match but is invariably fairly anonymous.

I see no reason to pick him ahead of Duff, Clint, AJ or Dembele. On current form.

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

YankeeJim

The stat that stuck out to me is a single goal from a free kick and that from Baird. Seems to be an area that needs improvement.  :airfix:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 13, 2011, 07:44:14 PM
The stat that stuck out to me is a single goal from a free kick and that from Baird. Seems to be an area that needs improvement.  :airfix:

Zamora!

Bilet

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 13, 2011, 07:44:14 PM

2-1 goal from Dembele against Wolves was a free kick.

LordNelson

Aye, statistics are like a hot lookin woman in a bikini--interesting/fun to look at but what's underneath is more important
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

TonyGilroy

Hardly any goals are being scored direct from free kicks in the Prem these days.

Might be the type of ball being used or the organisation of defences but direct free kick goals are a rarity these days.

timmyg

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 13, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
Hardly any goals are being scored direct from free kicks in the Prem these days.

Might be the type of ball being used or the organisation of defences but direct free kick goals are a rarity these days.

You know TG, that's a great point. So far this season just 19 free kick goals have been scored. Last year it was 29, and two years ago 31.

Yet, conversely, I'd say we're on pace for more headers though. So far there have been 142, last year was 190 and two years ago was 156. With each team having about 12-13 games left, it should be close.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

YankeeJim

Quote from: timmyg on February 13, 2011, 10:16:23 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 13, 2011, 09:45:54 PM

You know TG, that's a great point. So far this season just 19 free kick goals have been scored. Last year it was 29, and two years ago 31.

Yet, conversely, I'd say we're on pace for more headers though. So far there have been 142, last year was 190 and two years ago was 156. With each team having about 12-13 games left, it should be close.

Well, lets hope that Dempsey contributes mightily to a new header record.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.