https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Went to the match tonight...

Started by Jimpav, February 18, 2010, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

What a great game!

High points

Bobby acknowledged us before kick off with a wave and hand clap. Really good gesture and a big olive branch. Well done BZ.

Scoring in 3 minutes. Showed real intent by us and lit a fuse with regards to the atmosphere.   We went mental and Shaktar were immediately on the back foot.

Resilliance. After our silly goal they bossed us possesion wise. We held firm and came back out guns blazing. Showed real back bone tonight.

Chant of the night was "you'll never shop in Harrods!"

BZ's goal. What a cracker!

Hughes. He had a great match and got us out of jail on several occasions.

Low points

We're a bit shaky at the back.

We need to go in for more tackles. They were taking the piss.

Shaktar are a very strong side and are only going to get better.

FatFreddysCat

"You'll never shop in Harrods" Class.Still think we need a thumbs up smillie.

Sector9

I just got back to, great match.

First half was a bit painful to watch but they were class.

Second half a lot more even, but in the last 2 minutes I think my heart has never beat so fast!!

Jimpav

Tell me about it! I thought they were going to do a Roma when they got that last minute corner.

Great side to watch though. Shame it's us playing them though!

Brilliant atmosphere tonight, was awesome to hear Putney End making some noise.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Jimpav on February 19, 2010, 12:22:03 AM
Tell me about it! I thought they were going to do a Roma when they got that last minute corner.

Great side to watch though. Shame it's us playing them though!

Brilliant atmosphere tonight, was awesome to hear Putney End making some noise.

yer big pat one the back to all fans, everywhere i looked people were making noise and looking like they were really enjoying the game.

Great atmosphere, lets keep it going for the game against birmingham

Lighthouse

Swart 8 out of 10. Odd funny kick but fine save at the end in a game where he was suprisingly not actually called upon much.

Baird - 6 - Played as well as can be expected by playing out of position but again failed to support Duff enough times. But with the skill and speed of Skakattack who can blame him.

Kelly - 6- Did a better job of supporting Davies and did his job well enough

Hughes - MOM - Mistake for the goal but was head and shoulders our best player

Hangelnd - 7- Shaky again in the firdt half but composed himself in the second

Murphy - 7- Worked hard but still need to find his passing skills.

Etuhu- 7- Did a lot of breaking play up, but passing was off

Duff- 8 -  Worked hard and caused problems

Davies- 7 - Great to see him back. Needed to help Kelly more but had glipses of his skill.

Gera - 8-   Playing behind Zamora is his best position. Nice goal and clever flick to set up BZ. Needed to defend in the first half more than he did.

BZ - 8.5- Great goal and could have done better with a header. But still slow of thought when bringing in other players

But considering the 15 players Shakattack seemed to play in the first half and the passing from the Stevenage Road to a rowing boat in the Thames this result will go down as one of the best ever for a Fulham side. It is an honour to be part of the FUlham feeling tonight
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 19, 2010, 12:48:47 AM
Swart 8 out of 10. Odd funny kick but fine save at the end in a game where he was suprisingly not actually called upon much.

Baird - 6 - Played as well as can be expected by playing out of position but again failed to support Duff enough times. But with the skill and speed of Skakattack who can blame him.

Davies- 7 - Great to see him back. Needed to help Kelly more but had glipses of his skill.

Gera - 8-   Playing behind Zamora is his best position. Nice goal and clever flick to set up BZ. Needed to defend in the first half more than he did.

BZ - 8.5- Great goal and could have done better with a header. But still slow of thought when bringing in other players

But considering the 15 players Shakattack seemed to play in the first half and the passing from the Stevenage Road to a rowing boat in the Thames this result will go down as one of the best ever for a Fulham side. It is an honour to be part of the FUlham feeling tonight

Did they only have 15 players in the first half? ???

Steve_orino

Tough not to have seen the game.  Reading the text on Telegraph.co.uk, it seemed like they dominated the game.

So great to read we won!  COYW!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

TheDaddy

Great atmosphere last night well done lads .
I had the pleasure of being at the back of the Putney end with my three sons they never let up .My blood pressure is finally down to a normal rate and my heart has just got back from my mouth.Need to improve to qualify , boy were we shaky at times,Gave the ball away a little easy.Well done cant knock the commitment  ;)
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Hazey

Generous to Etuhu there LH.  Thought he was terrible and didnt even look like he was trying.  Refused to close down players most of the night.  Him and Murphy wefre pretty much anonymous all night, but with no width in our play they keep all their men narrow and out numbered us.

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 19, 2010, 12:48:47 AM

At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

epsomraver

I agree hazey Dickson was poor, Murph had some bad spells but his passing has improved, 8.5 for BZ is overated if you give Gera 8 I don't think Hughes was responsible for the goal, Dickson is still in Africa I think and reacted slowly several times.