watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Legends of the premiership- Part One Goalkeepers

Started by os5889, January 25, 2010, 12:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

As a starter for 10 I propose we put together a FOF all time premier league XI. These players should be from any club and voted in by the masses based on a combination of comical value, quality and cult status.

An early suggestion from myself is Coventry Citys own record appearance maker , a medium paced county cricketer, scorer from open play in a career spanning 4 decades, boasting a cool name and victim of this monstrosity

Mr Steve Ogrizovic

fulhamguy

It's got to be Peter Schmeichel really. Some of the best saves, played in the trebble winning side and even bagged a couple of goals in his time.

If not, then Jan Lastuvka.
COYW!

finnster01

Since we are talking Premiership only, meaning 1992 and onwards, it really has to be Peter Schmeichel as Fulhamaustin says. There hasn't been as consistently dominant a keeper since.

For comics, how about the Italian, Massimo Taibi from Venezia, Sir Alex bought for well over 4 million pounds back in the day to replace Schmeichel?  His howler against Southampton and Matt "I am taking the piss" Le Tissier is probably one of the worst in Prem history and a legendary moment. He got the nickname "The Blind Venetian" for a very good reason... ;D ;D
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamguy

Fergie has bought some awful keepers. Bosnich to name but one...
COYW!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Always liked "Big Nev the Bin Man" at the toffess
Massive bloke,dressed like an unmade bed but he could move around that net like nobodies  business 8)

FulhamGK

Don't mess with Texas!

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead