News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is AJ ever going to get back into the team??

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, February 18, 2010, 11:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

The Zolten & Bobby Z seem to have hit a fantasic vain of form,that little touch from the Zolten to Bobby for his goal was superb :D
so can AJ get back in the team or has his chance gone and should he be sold or is he going to storm back??

LRCN

FatFreddysCat

I think the hunchback will just be stuck with saying you rang my lord.Actually i cant knock him, he is 100%, but just not good enough, and i cant see anyone buying im or paying his wages, so a very costly mistake.

KCat

No..............Elm will become an oak
It will be goodbye from him  :(

.................and he costs too much ...............money will become a very big issue with all clubs not just Fulham

clintclintdeuce

Hopefully he will be back to full form next season and can help out in all three of our cup comps again next year! :D
The Dude abides.

ron

He will be sold at a whacking great loss. He has slowed to the point where he has little to contribute at this level. Sad, but true

Tom

No, we need to sell him for whatever we can get and move on! We need to go get another goal scorer! Sell AJ and bring Janko in from Salzburg.
Fulham for life!

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...I suspect that AJ will get many more games next season, especially if not injured, primarily because Mr Hodgson has faith in him and so must see something in him that some of us mere mortals cannot.

Also AJ will feature much more alongside Elm as I suspect that BZ will be gone by the new season...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tom

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 19, 2010, 09:07:04 AM

Also AJ will feature much more alongside Elm as I suspect that BZ will be gone by the new season...
Is he out of contract after the current season? If so we need to sign him for 2-3 more years!
Fulham for life!

Jimpav

I hope so. He was a staple in the team that got us to 7th last year wasn't he?

Gera is a great player but we only really play him when we have BZ as a lone striker. We play some of our best football like this but only really do this when are the underdog (last night, against Basel, against United).

AJ just needs to get back to full fitness and then we can see the best of him. He's not as fast as he used to be but he has got an eye for goal and if BZ keeps teeing him up he will be our top scorer again.

Perhaps we can re-name the thread - "Is Aj ever going to make it through a season without injury?"

Lighthouse

AJ is our best striker so he should be kept. For some reason carrying an injury, being assaulted and then having an operation seems to make him poor. When I think of how the entire team set up was changed before BZ began to look good, may be AJ will be given the same chance. Horses for courses and AJ adds something we don't have.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Fulham still not blessed with proven strikers. Zamora, his best season yet, let's hope it continues. Elm and Okaka, newcomers. Nevland, on the bench for good now. AJ will be necessary unless Hodgson has something/somebody else in mind.
On the other side....his wages, but he is certainly not worth much in the transfer market now.

epsomraver

AJ adds something we don't have. and what may that be?

Jimpav

Quote from: epsomraver on February 19, 2010, 01:59:57 PM
AJ adds something we don't have. and what may that be?

AJ is a poacher, someone nippy to run around in the box and jump on Bobby's assists.

Bobby has proven that he is a good striker in his own right but his strength is in his hold up play - creating chances for the players around him. If he can keep doing this, setting up AJ in the process and converting some of the chances that evaded us last season we will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

LBNo11

...Jimpav, I agree with your theory, the trouble is that half the time AJ is wide right and In Zamora's way, instead of being in the penalty area and getting ready to receive supply. Of course I want him to do well but I think that his best years are behind him and that we are a more productive team without him - sorry...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

I agree with Sir Les.
Nogood "agreeing with Sir Les if you know what's good for you, isit" Boyo

epsomraver

he  was nippy mate but not now, a poacher like Ivor knew where the goal was  instinctively, AJ hasn't got that talent anymore, not sure he has ever had it since we signed him

finnster01

As LB says it, he's past it unfortunately. Talent is for young people. Like Rooney. Rooney is still only 24, that gives him over 5 years on AJ already. God only knows what Rooney's record sheet will look like when he retires.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mccscratch

AJ is so not worth anything any longer... we should sell him to Palace...if we get 4 million for him then we have done well... I think AJ is a slow Michael Chopra... not up to standard any more...

Think about the last 'nice goal" he scored was.... everything he scores is a tap in or follow up...he does not even get loose and finish 1v1s with the keeper... I think Shef Wednesday was the last decent goal he scored in all honesty and low and behold...a Championship team....
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise