watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Duff & Davies - why play them on their "wrong sides"

Started by bigalffc, February 19, 2010, 09:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

With Konch & Pantsil out we have no runs down the wings & resultant crosses into the box.It all seems very narrow with D&D cutting inside all the time.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HatterDon

because that's Roy's style. Because that's the preferred style on the continent -- watch a Man City game now that they're run by the scarf model.

Because it works.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Scrumpy

I think this one has been laid to rest, hasn't it?

It allows both wide midfielders to cut inside onto their stronger foot and let one go! Duff is quoted as saying he is loving it at Fulham, because the style means that he has the chance to shoot (and score) more often rather than run to the by-line and cross. It also means that we can defned narrow, which is a big thing with Roy. Finally, the width is provided by the full backs who, although not quite as mobile as Konch and Pants, still bomb up and down the touchline pretty well.

There, am I starting to sound like I know what I'm talking about? It's all a bluff.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on February 19, 2010, 03:59:35 PM
because that's Roy's style. Because that's the preferred style on the continent -- watch a Man City game now that they're run by the scarf model.

Because it works.
Ha Ha. It will be even more interesting to see what the scarf model does with Bellamy now
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead