News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Robert Lester Zamore will he end his career @ Fulham ??

Started by KCat, February 19, 2010, 09:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCat

I am really surprised that you believe that The Dazzler will go in the summer.   
Is it because you want him to go ?? 

My take on the situation is that when he turned down Hull, he nailed his colours to the mast.   
He said he was going to stay and fight, and what a great battle it has been so far this season. 
He even returning in double quick time after his shoulder injury (an injury that Roy said he would cause him pain for life) 

He appeared to be a bit of a loaner out there on the pitch last season, and had little interaction before or after games   with either AJ, Nevland or indeed Kamara.  This season however,  there appears to be genuine affection/empathy a warmth if you like   
with both Duff and Davies. 

I think he will stay and Roy will keep him. 

epsomraver

He will not end his career at Fulham, you can see from his attitude to the fans and his manner he is just here to do a job until a better offer comes in

Jimpav

We can only hope so. He is in the form of his life at the moment and last night he showed a real change in attitude towards the fans.

During the line up he turned to the fans and applauded us and his celebration didn't involve hushing or putitng a hand to his ears.

He seems to have moved mentally - let's hope he doesn't physically.

TheDaddy

Quote from: Jimpav on February 19, 2010, 10:23:30 AM

We can only hope so. He is in the form of his life at the moment and last night he showed a real change in attitude towards the fans.

During the line up he turned to the fans and applauded us and his celebration didn't involve hushing or putitng a hand to his ears.

He seems to have moved mentally - let's hope he doesn't physically.

Well said .
I don't really know so im sitting on the fence with this one
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LBNo11

...SophistiKCat, with his current form I cannot believe that anyone is wanting him to go, but as in my reply to AlFayedsCheckbook thread, he is getting noticed by many others:-

"...AFC, purely because he will have a 'trigger' clause in his contract so that if another club comes in with an offer over a certain value then he and his agent can look at the offer and accept it if it means more financial gain for BZ and his agent.

With all the TV exposure and people seeing his current form as well as the plaudits saying 'Bobby For England'he is very marketable.

If he plays for England and becomes the perfect foil for Rooney managers like sir red nose or redkrapp will be sniffing around for sure.

Even if he doesn't get picked for England, we can all see that with the freedom he is getting being the main target man he is playing so much better than being AJ's provider, therefore I think we will have abattle on our hands to keep him..."
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tktd

I think due to his form he'll leave but it may be one of those moves he may end up regretting!

He obviously dislikes the Fulham fans and now has the whole club in theory at his mercy - something he knows.

Now it can either go 2 ways... he'll either realise he's onto something pretty good here under a pretty good manager and that the fans are on his side now and this could become his favourite club of all time because we'll all be on the same progressive but happy wavelength

Orrrrr....

He could think to himself "I stayed cos I wanted to prove a point to these loving fans" and now he's proved it he may still find himself in a position where he can't stand us and will use his form to engineer a move away from the club.

If he does move he'll either go from strength to strength now he's found what makes him tick and how to use himself and his ability to the maximum or he'll think that it was a big mistake as Roy is the best manager arguably in the league - and he'll look back on beating Shakhtar and Man Utd 3-0 etc and think shite what have I let go of, whilst the team he plays for will be such a good team that he'll hardly get any games!

I for one would obviously like to see him play for us until he retires if he keeps up this form. Fulham no matter how it's come about has managed to get the best out of him and he's now back to his very best form scoring 1 every other game and the more he gets used t it the more I think he could score. With him and Roy and Roy's transfer dealings I think we could really start making a name for ourseleves. Roy given the materials can beat any team so if he builds a team he's happy with then don't be suprised to see up professionally climb up the table.

I have always been a frustrated fan of Zamoras - I've been a great fan of his hold up play ever since he came and always felt the goals would come but at time was left as frustrated as Bobby seemed by seeing them not go in, but being aware of the positions he was getting himself into it was just a matter of time. I'm over the moon with his form and am glad he's finding the confidence his performances deserve. I have found it though extremely annoying when he tries husing the fans especially seeing as about 90% don't even go online to vew their thoughts and not even all of the 1% who do say he's useless.

Basically I think - and I saw signs of it starting that if he accepts that the past is the past and tat the future looks star-like bright then he and Fulham along with Roy could be a marriage made in heaven, because with his goal-scoring form there are very few better than him.

I say this not just because he's scoring goals but his play which leds to them is something that top players just can't seem to deal with - his physical presence and ability to hold up the ball so well is something which will trouble any defender in the world as he is genuinely so good at it and at the end of the day it's one person vs another. It'll start taking two defenders to mark him constantly which isn't something defences can do.

Anyway I think I may have harked on abit to much but I'm sure you get the picture! Bobby at Fulham with Roy here - match made in heaven and with the right funding for Roy we could end up creeping up the table and winning things. Bobby going - well i'm sure there may be others but Fulham fans ar his fans and I'm sure when he wins player of the season award he may finally realise what us fans really think of him.

CorkCity

We will sell him in the summer to the highest bidder . You know it makes sense !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

epsomraver

You really are kidding yourself, he is a hammers boy through and through and sorry one good strike doth not a striker make, he overall was not impressive last night, he dithered on the ball on several occasions trying to get his brain in gear, he is lazy overall, watch Gera  for work rate, he is at Fulham for the money, he walked off last night with no acknowledgement of the fans at all, what does it cost to do what Elm swartz  and the others did and come and applaud the fans.

Dugliss

Quote from: epsomraver on February 19, 2010, 10:09:47 AM
He will not end his career at Fulham, you can see from his attitude to the fans and his manner he is just here to do a job until a better offer comes in

And you`re kidding yourself if you think that`s different to any other player in the squad

epsomraver

Sorry but you are wrong, all  of the squad have a far better attitude that Zamora and are happy to be AT FULHAM, listen to Roy, he constantly mentions certain players who play for the club.not just play football for the money.

Jimpav

Hangeland and Dempsey are two players that spring to mind. Both could have signed deals with other clubs but chose to stay on extended contracts.

Fulham do not play huge wages, as highlighted by Crouchgate and Bullards move to mega club and top four contender Hull.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

If I was a betting man I would put money on him Being at West ham next season,Gold & co need a big signing and Bobby would be the home coming hero even if it would be a second rate version of Shearer going to Newcastle.His heart is at the bubble blowers and not with us,I think we know how he feels about us-as long as we get top dollar i won't be too upset ;)

rombombayrombombay

:-X Not if he can help it! >:He thinks he's bigger and better than Fulham, but in his defence, he is having an excellent Season, despite his paranoia with a tiny handful of Fans. At least we didn't have to experience the Cupped Hand to the Lug hole crap last night, or did I miss it? Well done BZ!

HatterDon

Ms. Kat: two points

1. As long as we're a Premiership club, NOBODY is going to end his playing career in Fulham colors. As soon as he isn't maintaining the form necessary to contribute to the first team squad, he's off to the CCC or to Celtic. The only way we'll watch a familar face perform for most of his career [including its end] is if we're down in L1 or L2 again with not a lot of ambition.

2. In re-BobbyZ, if he continues to perform as well as he has, he's gone in the summer. I just hope it's for BIG QUIDS and it's to a club where he can enjoy himself.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

I'm pleased to advise that BZ signed a 4 year contract when he signed for us - so he is contracted for at least 2 more years.

This menas that if he does go we should be in line for a decent pay out. Bearing in mind that Hull were prepared to pay 5 Million for him after last seasons two goals we should be able to get at least this figure if not more.

I can see him going to West Ham as suggested by Syd and others but ma not sure if they would be happy to pay more than they sold him for.

If he does go it would have to be to Spurs. Redknapp couldn't resist another striker and would rather pay big moeny to see Bobby on the bench than playing for another team where he might upset Spurs chances of reaching top 4.

Actually who I am kidding.

Spurs will miss the top 4, Redknapp will go back to Westham (billed as the second coming) and will then sign Pantsil and Zamora for a cool 12 million.

We will then buy Pavlyuchnko and make the top 4.

epsomraver

I think out of the two Pantsil was the bargain and we got BZ on  a free!

finnster01

Which does bring up the point about why on earth is Spurs and Harry hanging on tooth and nail to the big Russian? I mean he never gets to play, the longer he stays the less they will get for him in the end etc. Completely do not understand it at all. Must be some bung I don't know about I suppose
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

harry and Bung in the same sentence Mr Finn , surely not!

Jimpav

Quote from: finnster01 on February 19, 2010, 04:52:27 PM
Which does bring up the point about why on earth is Spurs and Harry hanging on tooth and nail to the big Russian? I mean he never gets to play, the longer he stays the less they will get for him in the end etc. Completely do not understand it at all. Must be some bung I don't know about I suppose

Beats me mate. I could understand him not wanting to sell him to Brum but not selling him to a Russian side made no sense. Especially to let Keane go also and replace him with Gudjonnsen. Can't be that healthier atmosphere on the training ground either with Pavlyuchenko in every paper slagging off the boss and plotting his exit.

cebu

Quote from: finnster01 on February 19, 2010, 04:52:27 PM

No no, 'Arry wants to put him out to stud.