News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When do the players go out to the Ukraine?...

Started by Tktd, February 19, 2010, 02:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Just thinking with the game against Birmingham on Sunday and then the Shakhtar game on next Thursday it doesn't give much time to relax etc...

Ideally would it be best to give the players monday off and then fly out to the Ukraine earlyish on Tues morning to give them a couple of days to take it in and get the training done?

Does anyone know when they're actually planning on getting out there?

ron

.....as a result of a pub conversation this evening, we got thinking more of WHY do players go to the Ukraine?

...thinking particularly of those talented Brazilians playing out there who might well be able to have a better life in Spain or Italy...?

It may well be down to dodgy cash in very large amounts...but what about the glamour aspect....  a commodity in very short supply out there..?

finnster01

Quote from: ron on February 20, 2010, 12:47:06 AM
.....as a result of a pub conversation this evening, we got thinking more of WHY do players go to the Ukraine?

...thinking particularly of those talented Brazilians playing out there who might well be able to have a better life in Spain or Italy...?

It may well be down to dodgy cash in very large amounts...but what about the glamour aspect....  a commodity in very short supply out there..?
Good question. Especially in February.

However, one reason may be the tottie...There are some very serious Ukrainian ladies which will make the divorce'es from Hull look rather shocking.
I once did a project for the IMF (internatonal monetary fund) on behalf of Ukraine and had to go to Kiev to present the results.
Oh dear, a lot of trouser management issues that day...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LRCN

Quote from: ron on February 20, 2010, 12:47:06 AM

shakhtar, or rather their owner, is a very rich club. they've got a big reputation as well

Cornnolio

NorfolkJim

I thought they were going on the Fulham Flyer which would mean them flying out on Thursday. I dont think theres too much in the way of sightseeing for them in Donetsk. Ah for the old days when the team set off on the bus and even  got changed on it.
Would flying out Thursday be a disadvantage to them considering all they do is sit in the first class seats listening to their ipods for a few hours.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 20, 2010, 03:26:00 AM
I thought they were going on the Fulham Flyer which would mean them flying out on Thursday. I dont think theres too much in the way of sightseeing for them in Donetsk. Ah for the old days when the team set off on the bus and even  got changed on it.
Would flying out Thursday be a disadvantage to them considering all they do is sit in the first class seats listening to their ipods for a few hours.

Travel beats the hell out of your body. being in a pressurized tin can for 3+ hours breathing reconditioned air and not moving all too much doesnt help you get prepared all to much.
The Dude abides.

Chopper

Seemed like Shakhtar spent weeks over here, though obviously they had the benefit of a winter break.

Have to agree it would make sense to get our players out as early as possible.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole