News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

top visiting teams of the last 30 years, where would shaktar sit.....?

Started by jd, February 19, 2010, 04:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd

So, last nights team, much applauded for their first half, yet failed to turn possession into goals, where would they sit against the top visiting teams of the last 30 years.....maybe 4th / 5th?

.....nowhere near the double title winning arsenal team of viera, bergkamp, pires, henry, petit.....that never lifted a european trophy, that ironically only really murded us score-wise (0-4 and 4-1) when the team was being disbanded in 04/05 season....?

....how close the to liverpool 83/84 team that had picked up european titles for fun.... which also illustrated just how good the disbanding macdonald / harford team was.....?

....not close to Mourinho's first title winning team, after which it all became rather tedious.....?

....and then perhaps the rooney / ronaldo man utd title winning team of two years ago.....that goes on to win the champs league?

.....i cant think of another, proper quality team, either league or cup in the last 30 years?   

jd

finnster01

All I know, I wouldn't like to play that lot when their season is back full on. I understand how they won the UEFA last year. They are bloody good.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Scrumpy

;) I thought Port Vale had a pretty decent side in the late 80s! Beat us 6-0 or something at home.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jd

........fair shout, it took the rush, dalglish, hansen, souness team of 83/84 five hours to put three past us, whereas your port vale team of 87 put six past us in half that time.....forget the fact that liverpool go on to win the european cup that season against roma, the port vale team of 87 would have spanked shaktar all the way back to the ukraine.............

Fernhurst

Damn!!! your'e only going back 30 years ???

The Benfica side who opened the Riverside Stand would've got a mention.

BarneyTravers

Saw all the teams referred to but none of them were as pleasing on the eye as Shaktar were last night.

Fulham for the cups