News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so far we have sold 161 tickets for Sunderland away..

Started by manxman, February 19, 2010, 09:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

finnster01

A man and a dog.

Why go to Sunderland? It is nearly as bad as Hull.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Fernhurst

emmmmm.... not good is it. :-[

I can't berate anyone as I rarely go to away game myself these days, however my mate is a staunch Bournemouth supporter and attended their fixture at Dagenham & Redbridge last Saturday along with 600 other Bournemouth fans (his figures).

What are we doing wrong??? Is it simply the demographic of our support? Is The Old Sods Army in the majority at FFC?

finnster01

I'd go to Bournemouth every day of the week, especially in the spring.

Scrumpy

I suspect many fans are like me this season. I have shelved most Premiership Away matches and saved my pennies for European adventures and the FA Cup. Also, many fans will have just been to 5 home matches in 3 weeks!! Something has to give and the shopping/DIY needs doing at some point.

Once you've done all the usual Prem away grounds atleast once, it does get a little boring unless there is something more riding on it.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

finnster01

There is also the good day out element.

Which means anywhere north of Kent is off the charts except Newcastle which is always a blast but obviously a non-fixture at the moment

manxman

yeah guess so, im saving for everton away at the minute :)
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Scrumpy

One of your more local fixtures? How come a Manxman chose Fulham? Aren't they all Utd and Liverpool fans around your way?

Questions, questions.

manxman

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2010, 11:24:16 PM
One of your more local fixtures? How come a Manxman chose Fulham? Aren't they all Utd and Liverpool fans around your way?

Questions, questions.

yeah just a boats ride away, :D yeah they all are, quite annoying, you dont often see lesser team shirts going around.

i was bought up in man utd, and a tottenham supporting family. and when i was about 12ish ( when i started to really take an intrest in football ) i just chose fulham, people often ask me this on the Isle of Man and i cant really give them a straight answer.
Fulham just came to me, and i fell in love with the club. The rest is history :) 

finnster01

Quote from: manxman on February 19, 2010, 11:43:42 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2010, 11:24:16 PM

Questions, questions.

yeah just a boats ride away, :D yeah they all are, quite annoying, you dont often see lesser team shirts going around.

i was bought up in man utd, and a tottenham supporting family. and when i was about 12ish ( when i started to really take an intrest in football ) i just chose fulham, people often ask me this on the Isle of Man and i cant really give them a straight answer.
Fulham just came to me, and i fell in love with the club. The rest is history :) 
[Good on you. I take my hat off for that. Well done son!/size]

manxman

BobbyTheBrain

Despite being nearly as bad as Hull and being a boring, uninspiring side I've already bought my ticket and I doubt it will be anything above 200 by the time we reach the game. It looks like we're in for another media slating for our very poor away turn outs (most of it deserved in my opinion).
It's not fair to flair.

RidgeRider

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on February 19, 2010, 11:49:36 PM
Despite being nearly as bad as Hull and being a boring, uninspiring side I've already bought my ticket and I doubt it will be anything above 200 by the time we reach the game. It looks like we're in for another media slating for our very poor away turn outs (most of it deserved in my opinion).

Good to know we have someone on board going to this match. Any chance for a match report when you get back Bobby?

NorfolkJim

Well its a terrible long drive to/from North Norfolk although I enjoy going to Sunderland. I had planned to fly up to Newcastle and get the metro for this one, but now its on Sunday cant do that, doesnt work 'cos of work on Monday. Considering how beat up tired I am from going to the home game against Shaktar on Thursday and considering my travel itinery for Donetsk is Istanbul, Kiev, Donetsk, I think this one would be a bridge too far this season.
I've spent a fortune following the dream on the basis that we play in Europe who knows when again, but thats cut into my domestic away days both on financial and fixture date changes grounds.

clintclintdeuce

I flew in for this one last year, stayed in Newcastle took the quick metro in and out... was a fantastic day out, i think we took about 250 or so on a tuesday night.
The Dude abides.

BarneyTravers

With Scrumpy here..been to Sunderland on a number of occasions including the abandoned one and the midweek replay but going on the Sunday after three days in the Ukraine was not an option for me (well it was for me but not for Mrs Travers!).

Always like it up there and in my experience the natives are a very friendly lot.

Fulham for the cups

ImperialWhite

I would, but it's a seven hour train journey from Oxford - I've got better things to be doing then spending more than a day there and back on the train (no doubt punctuated by a fairly unadventourous display by Fulham holding on for a draw).

Are Fulham doing a coach there?

HatterDon

I've just figured out why we have so many more supporter FROM sides in the the North visiting the Cottage than we have Fulham supporters going to matches up North.

How many people born in SW6 move to Bolton, Sunderland, Manchester, Liverpool, Wigan, Blackburn, or Burnley to find a better job?

If they restricted visiting supporters to those who currently live within 15 miles of the club they support, I think our traveling support wouldn't look so aenemic..
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Scrumpy

You're right there Hatter. I remember playing Boro a few years back, midweek. I was pretty impressed with the away following of about 1500, until my mate told me that 1100 of them were living in a builder's caravan site near Wembley, helping to build the new Stadium.

You don't hear of too many Londoners moving to Wearside for more regular work!