watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we having a Good season?

Started by SuffolkWhite, February 20, 2010, 04:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

I have defended the squad before about the bad run of form in January, and how the expectation of fans can be too much for a team like us.

So are we having a good season if it ended now where we are in the League and cups? And should we expect more than this?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tom

Yes we are, and just think how much better we would be doing if we had not had all these injuries.
Fulham for life!

Burt

Still in the FA Cup, still in Europa, and a win tomorrow will take us to 9th spot in the prem.

Not too bad a season, really....

mrska

Brilliant season..  after last season i didnt think we'd be able to match it.  But with Europe, the FA Cup and in the top 10 in the league, we are having a blinder.

Especially with all the injuries.. to key players we've had..

Great season so far

White Noise

It has been Roy's best season so far and there is still the potential for more.

That is the key indicator for me; I would not be suprised if we got to The FA Cup Final or the semi's of The Europa. We are good enough to merit it. That is a hell of a step up.

Jimpav

Is the pope Catholic?!

I don't think the injuries would have changed results so
much as January was packed with hard away fixtures. We should have got at least a
point at Blackburn and Villa but otherwise it's gone to plan. A credit to the depth of our squad.

Not sure if we will finish higher than 10th but I am
very pleased otherwise.

HatterDon

I think we're having a GREAT season, and I'll go a little farther. I think our success in the league and in the FA Cup is a direct by-product of our participation in The Europa League. Far from being the distraction or the congestor of fixtures that the anti-Europe contingent predicted, the EL gave us an early jump on our season in terms of match fitness, and gave us the opportunity to blood players who might not have had much to do with just a league and CC schedule. Players like Baird, Greening, and Smalling benefitted greatly from that competition, and when injuries came, that experience proved vital.

Oh, and I know that this wasn't asked, but February is one hell of a great month, with 7 points from the league and victories in the FA Cup and The Europa League. And the month ain't over yet!  8)
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Quote from: White Noise on February 20, 2010, 09:15:36 PM

Never mind Roy's best season, it is the best season I have enjoyed or endured in forty-two years.

To beat both Liverpool and Man U at home, and convincingly at that, to reach the latter stages of two cup competitions, to play against European opposition and ensure that a lot of people now know abou us and know we are a good team, to beat the UEFA Cup holders in a scintilating game, oh yes, this has been superb. Even if this is as good as it gets, it is very, very good.
I would go so far as to claim that November 2009 until now would qualify as a "golden age" for Fulham fans, the trick now will be seeing if it continues.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

W@T

I don't know the ins and outs but didnt he achieve more at Blackburn, before getting sacked?

Werent they in a Champions league spot for most of his 1st season there, but faded and eventually ended in the UEFA cup, so isnt that more?

Chopper

Agree with everyone. One of the best season's we've had.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

RidgeRider

Quote from: Rupert on February 20, 2010, 10:10:37 PM
Quote from: White Noise on February 20, 2010, 09:15:36 PM

Never mind Roy's best season, it is the best season I have enjoyed or endured in forty-two years.

To beat both Liverpool and Man U at home, and convincingly at that, to reach the latter stages of two cup competitions, to play against European opposition and ensure that a lot of people now know abou us and know we are a good team, to beat the UEFA Cup holders in a scintilating game, oh yes, this has been superb. Even if this is as good as it gets, it is very, very good.
I would go so far as to claim that November 2009 until now would qualify as a "golden age" for Fulham fans, the trick now will be seeing if it continues.

Hear, hear!

TheDaddy

OH YES AND MAY IT ONLY GET BETTER !  ;D
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

SuffolkWhite

I'm loving the positive vibes man! Has everyone had Blingo pills?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fernhurst

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 21, 2010, 08:08:17 AM
I'm loving the positive vibes man! Has everyone had Blingo pills?

It is also noticable SW, users of of this MB are not only Bligolike in their mood but are very aware the reality of our position...... expectations are being managed by Roy and I believe if we bow out of the Euro at this stage the reputatation of both Roy and the squad would not be harmed one jot.

alfie

Whatever happens from now on we have had a dam good season, not many teams would compete with the injury list we have, and of course those players that will come back will be very hungry. Look at Davies begining to look sharp again, and although it was injury Dempsey must be feeling restful after the last couple of seasons he has had.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't