more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Subbuteo Did You Have?

Started by White Noise, February 20, 2010, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

LBNo11

...blimey WN, that also brings back memories, I still have a subbuteo set that I hand painted with two white stripes on the shorts, red socks and painted the figures to look like the players, Barrett with his shirt outside his shorts etc.,

The goalkeeper in my set had a metal rod for a control grip so I must be an earlier version - I should take a photo of it and post it on here..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Yep definately had that. The bendy back keepers were crap though, much better when the standing up straight ones came in. The springy ones were crap as well. Confessing to more shoplifting , we used to knick the players out of the boxes to make subs as we was always kneeling on them and gluing them back so they was replica Danny Murphy size.And the number transfers were a bick thing as well. We had a league with about 12 people in, i was second best to a bloody Brentford fan.

ron

I have to say that I always thought Soccerette was a better game. Movement under the pitch with the magnetic sticks made for a much more dynamic game without all that flicking.

Lighthouse

Oh the days and nights I used to spend in my room playing with myself. Then I used to play Subbuteo as well. I had a second hand one to begin with with the Keepers with the metal rods and the big ball. Then as time went on a bought the new plastic keepers and the small ball(only played  with in my first division). Then the corner flags that built the corner spot up and you could take really cool corners. In the end I had loads of teams including Peru and Brazil.

I had 4 divisions of 12 clubs and had league tables from Shoot to show my league. The teams of the football clubs were printed in a magazine, maybe Shoot again, and I put numbers on the back of each player so I knew who scored. Stats were important to me even in those days.

As I mentioned before Subbuteo followed Magnetic Football. So my leagues were well established. Then one Christmas I was given the new fangled tape recorders and I could commentate on my own games. Then if it was a World Cup I would scrunch up a piece of paper in front of the microphone to make it sound like static.

SAD BUT HAPPY WAS THE YOUNG LIGHTHOUSE.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Peru :) but did'nt everybody,England,Scotland,Italy,Brazil and Argentina
alwaysthought of going on e-bay and startingthe collection again!

TheDaddy

One of the first  present that i can remember as a kid brought for me at christmas by my dad !

Learnt very quickly never to set it up when my dad was around as i would be banished to the corner of the room until he  set the players on the field then i would get thrashed by a 30+ school boy .

EARLY 80S SET FOR ME.... Use to go to Parks down Shepherds bush and confuse the shop assistant by taking down four or five boxes and spending an age to choose which team i would have that month then  spent time picking out what type of balls i wanted orange or white .Always ended with an item unpaid for in my coat pocket or bag.

As i grew up i use to bunk off school or have two hour dinner breaks  just to play the game with a mate that or the adventure play ground .

HAPPY DAYS  :D
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

Yes, had Fulham. For some reason I also like the newcastle kit, so had them too.

We had a league at school. Naturally I was fulham, so had first pick on all Fulham players ie haynes, Leggat. If a team was not in the league, say Burnley, then you could take available players on your team, eg ray Pointer. We also traded players. Stupid, but we were only about 12

Chopper

Class. I had a great set of Subutteo stuff but not sure what became of them. Suspect my Mum may have given them away.

Had two Fulham teams, an 80's style that doubled for West Germany and a 50's or 60's style that I inherited from a relative. Used to have my best mate round every Friday and we'd have ongoing tournaments. Damn tricky to play properly though, half the fun was setting it all up.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole