News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomorrow's outcome the biggest yet in this month?

Started by clintclintdeuce, February 21, 2010, 02:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintclintdeuce

With Evertons result today, is tomorrow outcome the most important of the season so far?

Up to 37 with a couple of months to play, hopefully we can get some distance on the rest of the competition for top 10 and we can push up to 7th....

Everton look damned good since the arrival of Donovan... hopefully their form drops when he departs next month.

Tottenham and Villa look certian to find their late and midseason form of late and teeter off as of late, while Citeh look a lock for 5th.
The Dude abides.

Jimpav

Definitely a huge match. A Europe 6 pointer? We need to win this to keep our slim
hopes of Europe alive.

KCat

I would give up a win today for a win on Thursday .....!!!
IMO, Pompy was the most important match in February If we had not won that ,  we would  had a very big hill to climb

Jimpav

Tell you what K Cat how about a win today and a draw on Thursday?!

You are spot on though. Pompey was the turning point. Just boosted the confidence and a bit if belief. That and Shorey made his debut.

Rupert

Tomorrow's outcome the biggest yet in this month?

To be honest, no.
Whilst I want us to win and am going to the game I would be happy with a draw as Thursday will have taken its toll on the lads. If anything, next Thursday is a bigger game, though given who we are up against I would not regard losing that as any sort of disgrace.

I remember during the Micky Adams season, with only a few matches to go we were in pole position and went to Doncaster (if memory serves), dominated the game, had two pretty clear cut penalty shouts ignored by the ref (he didn't even wave them away) and drew 0-0 and our applause for the team was pretty muted, such were our expectations. As a result of that draw Wigan overtook us and stayed ahead to the end of the season.
When I got Morg's book the following season he wrote about that game, was a bit annoyed about our reaction to the game and explained that the players were literally running on empty by that stage. We, of course, didn't see that, we saw a below par performance and reacted accordingly.
I like to think I have learned from that. Nowadays, when we don't play well, I am not so quick to be critical, and today could well be one of those days, though fingers crossed that we thump them anyway.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

VicHalomsLovechild

Probably the best thing about the current Fulham team is the fact that even with a depleted side through injury we still have players who can step in and replicate a style of play that has us still in two cup competitions and half way up the league. Add to that O'kaka who has a good turn of speed and I don't see why we can't finish the month with a couple of wins and a draw.

LRCN

no, because we won't get europe, the top 7 has been decided already. the biggest game this month was the portsmouth one, where we needed to stop the rot. now we should focus on th ecups.