watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Redknapp To Sign Shorey In The Summer

Started by White Noise, February 21, 2010, 07:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full%26objectID=22058535%26siteID=93463-name_page.html

Shore fire hit with Harry

SPURS IN NICKY SWOOP

Alan Nixon; Dave Kidd; Steve Bates; Tom Hopkinson; Alan Oliver; Pete Jenson; Steve Goodman

Harry Redknapp is ready to give Nicky Shorey an escape route from his Aston Villa nightmare.

The former England left-back has been in superb form since joining Fulham on loan three weeks ago.

But Tottenham boss Redknapp, who also made enquiries about Shorey in January, is more likely to land the Villa misfit permanently.

Redknapp is a long-term admirer of Shorey and almost signed the player from Reading during his Portsmouth days.

He wanted Shorey to fill in for injured Benoit Assou-Ekotto and is expected to revive his interest in the summer.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill went cold on him soon after a £4million move to Villa Park in 2008 - and he spent the first half of this season on loan at Nottingham Forest. Shorey, 29, expects to be sold in the summer and has also attracted interest from West Ham, the club he supported as a boy.

Fulham sneaked in to sign him on transfer deadine day and Roy Hodgson's men have yet to concede a goal in four games with Shorey in the team.

And now Shorey could make a late dash to be included in Fabio Capello's England squad.

Thanks He said: "The move all happened really quickly. I really loved my time at Forest and was looking forward to going back when this move came out of nowhere.

"It's all thanks to Forest for giving me games otherwise I would still be at Villa kicking my heels.

"I've played for England before and I really enjoyed it but I'll leave that for other people to talk about."

TheDaddy

Have we got first dibs on him ?

as for Harry Rednapp  :-X
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

blingo

Paper talk. We have already agreed a price and i believe have the option to sign him.

Tom

Quote from: TheDaddy on February 21, 2010, 07:42:10 AM
Have we got first dibs on him ?

as for Harry Rednapp  :-X
We do have first dibs on him and he will be staying at Fulham. If we let him walk away to another team, that would be insane!
Fulham for life!

Jimpav

Surely Villa would sell to us over a club that they are competing for 4th with.

Redknapp is either a very lazy manager or has terrible scouts though. How else can you explain his decision to hijack everyone elses transfer moves as well as ransacking Pompey and other clubs for all the old Spurs players?

KCat

This board nearly has as many squad  players as 'Arry,
Shorty :) had a very recent experience of sitting on the bench at Villa, he won't want that.
Six months at Fulham, playing most games  ..............they will have to drag him away !!!

Rupert

The only reason he would not join us would be if we could not agree personal terms, so if somebody unscruplious in transfer dealings were to tap him up it might be a problem, still, Harry wouldn't do anything like that, would he? Eh? Speak up, I can't hear anyone! ::)
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Fernhurst

Quote from: KCat on February 21, 2010, 09:10:44 AM
This board nearly has as many squad  players as 'Arry,
Shorty :) had a very recent experience of sitting on the bench at Villa, he won't want that.
Six months at Fulham, playing most games  ..............they will have to drag him away !!!

Do not worry too much KCat - I have it from a very reliable source close to the Moderators boot room you are being considered for the squad, however there are some concerns over your well publicised gambling habits.

So...... if you show the necessary focus and give up the trips to Bingo I'm sure you'll make it

LBNo11

Quote from: Rupert on February 21, 2010, 09:31:09 AM
The only reason he would not join us would be if we could not agree personal terms, so if somebody unscruplious in transfer dealings were to tap him up it might be a problem, still, Harry wouldn't do anything like that, would he? Eh? Speak up, I can't hear anyone! ::)

...my thoughts exactly, saying redkrapp is interested in a player is as bad as when he says he has no interest. To a duplicitous and conniving individual it is all fun and mind games...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VicHalomsLovechild

Beating the turds and going on to win the FA cup should be enough to get Shorey to sign on the dotted line stop BZ looking elsewhere in the summer and get Shamus O'kaka to stay another season as well.  ;)

Tktd

What a dick harry Redknapp is full stop.

LRCN

spurs have two left backs there already, and with the form bale and assou ekotto have been in this season, shorey will have to sit in 3rd choice.

White Noise

This is one in a long line of adoring t-shirts. Collect the whole set.

alfie

There was a time when i thought the harry kneecap was a decent sort of bloke, old school like, but now he is just like a football terrorist.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't