watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Average Gate

Started by White Noise, February 21, 2010, 10:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

We are averaging 24,232 in the 13 home Prem games we have played this season.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

Last season we averaged 24,336 across the whole season

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england_2009

CorkCity

No wonder the ST prices are going up , everyone should keep away , except me.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Lighthouse

So how many more could we expect if the ground could take it? Would we be capable of say a 30,000 average? Not sure we would.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

It is a marvellous turnaround though from the days of Dicks and Mackay...... where you could pay on gate at 5 to 3 and know your favorite standing spot would be available.

I have no hankering for those days and relish this golden period for FFC.

We are a very different business model now though. Wonder how the club feel about generating more support?

Are the TV revenues from games in Europe and the FA cup more important than a marginal increase in support?

IMO we should appreciate where we are right now,,,, if we grow to the stage where we have a large waiting list for season tickets the pressure to leave the Cottage would increase.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 21, 2010, 11:20:07 AM
Wonder how the club feel about generating more support?

Are the TV revenues from games in Europe and the FA cup more important than a marginal increase in support?

IMO we should appreciate where we are right now,,,, if we grow to the stage where we have a large waiting list for season tickets the pressure to leave the Cottage would increase.

Alister Macintosh (MD) is very keen to increase our fan base, hence the 'understanding' with the group who own the Red Socks in the USA. The current board view Fulham FC as a brand, it just happens to be a football club.
I'm still in two minds as to whether this is a good thing, for the long run I have my doubts, short term its brought us more success than we could have dreamed of only 10 years ago.

these could be our 'golden years', but I hope this is just the start of them

CorkCity

This thread reminds me of a Monty Python sketch.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

WhiteJC

Tktd

I'm amazed that it's only gone down by 100 people , especialy considering the financial situation we're in as country and also the amount of added games which are expensive due to the teams we're playing!

Also - out of interest - has anyone else noticed that "fulham fans" have been sprouting out of nowhere in their social circles co-inciding with the apointment of Hodgson and all that!?