News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

gentleman jim's commentary...had me in stitches.

Started by jarv, February 21, 2010, 04:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Listening today, I had to laugh,  Jim referred to McFadden as a miserable looking bleeder and when ferguson was subbed off, he sadi Ferguson is leaving, good riddance.....

As a fulham supporting scot since 1960, what does he have against the jocks??? great commentary, keep it up.

Steve_orino

Listened to him through the middle of the game, found a working link for the end though...sorry I missed his commentary.

GJ, a Fulham Legend.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

jarv

Steve, have you met him? He seems like a really decent bloke. His commentary has just about the right degree of biase, (about 70%) which leaves no doubt where his passion lies.

Sitting im my living room in usa, his commentary is so good, I can actually see the game and the ground.

FFCOutpostCommander

The most pixxed off I've heard him, that Ref had him going nuts all game. Thought he might just leave his post to go down and slap him one, LOL
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

McBridefan1

MrCheviot

Does anyone know if there's a GJ archive somewhere? I've often thought putting his commentary up in podcast form after matches would be a great idea, and I would love to be able to listen to today's. IMO worth mailing the club about if there isn't.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Lighthouse

Biased but fair. He was right about the free kicks and bookings and the moaning. Watched the game but always listen to Jim. Adds to the enjoyment or heartache, depending on the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MrCheviot

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 21, 2010, 05:13:48 PM
Biased but fair. He was right about the free kicks and bookings and the moaning. Watched the game but always listen to Jim. Adds to the enjoyment or heartache, depending on the game.

I tried that for awhile, but could never find a video stream that synched up well. Never got used to hearing or seeing about something 20 seconds before it happens to your eyes / ears.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Steve_orino

Mr. jarv, I'm in the good ole US of A as well and have not had the honor to meet the Gentlemen named Jim.

Still can't get over the victory today!  Incredible!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Lighthouse

Quote from: MrCheviot on February 21, 2010, 05:17:01 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 21, 2010, 05:13:48 PM

I tried that for awhile, but could never find a video stream that synched up well. Never got used to hearing or seeing about something 20 seconds before it happens to your eyes / ears.

Yes I know what you mean. Wasn't too bad today. But worse if Jim is behind the stream.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Today was a GJ classic match. We over on FulhamUSA.com's chatroom were worried that a late goal would cause him to lose his voice completely. I know that people in three different states had the life half-scared out of them when he yelled "HANDBALL" at a decibel level just short of a squadron of 707's at 300 feet.

Today's classic call of "Will you just look at that" [I'm trying Jim, but I can't see poo!] was right up there with classic GJ comments like: "With that size and that haircut, Modric looks like a 15-year-old girl." and "[name forgotton] is a big lad, but he's a bit of a pansy if you ask me."

There's a lot of GJ addicts across the world now, and we love his partiality to Fulham, his refusal to say on-the-air the name of the "other club in Fulham," his fashion reports, his complete lack of understanding of why players have to wear gloves, and his deep, total, unrequited love for Eric Nevland. GJ is a huge part of the reason I love this club so much.

When I FINALLY make my way back to England, I'm hoping to meet him and thank him for how much he contributes to our Fulham experience.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

McBridefan1

A very good verbalization of what I said Hatter Don... Jim is the shiznit. "Eees a big lad but a bit of a pansee if you ask me"... classic.