more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nice words from Brum Manager

Started by Lighthouse, February 21, 2010, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish:
"We lost because of two pieces of inspiration from Fulham, the finishes were brilliant. That is the difference in quality that we have to aspire to.

"I didn't feel there was any real rhythm from either team and I felt it was a nothing game until Damien Duff took a hand in proceedings.

"And Bobby Zamora was the big difference. Today, my players had a hard game against one of the best strikers in the league.

"If they are going to step up to the next level, they have to overcome players like him."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tktd

You missed out the rest...

"If they are going to step up to the next level, they have to overcome players like him.

"If Fabio Capello is looking for a certain type of forward then Zamora is as good as anyone I've seen at keeping that ball up.

"Like Emile Heskey he's guy who can bring other players into play and help other people prosper without maybe being prolific."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/AlexMcLeishReaction.aspx#ixzz0gCTuEuzx

Oakeshott

He certainly showed more class in defeat than the Ukranian manager.

mrska

Alex McLeish is a good manager and has got Birmingham playing well..  Seems to be in the Hodgson mode of management, giving good honest views that people really listen to...

Hats off to the man..

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I have alot of time for the guy-a good proper football man

FFCOutpostCommander

I remember many posts lamenting their departure from the Prem in 07/08 and they and their manager are certainly a class above the likes of Hull, Stoke and others  on the fringe. Good hard fought matches with them and look forward to more next season.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Jimpav

Credit where credit is due. A few managers could learn from these two. Most people will have a lot of time for those that are gracious in defeat.

Logicalman

Obviously I'm (a little) biased, but the guy has shown class in saying what he did. Perhaps we should post that on the Russian Ukraine site, and let them stew a little before Thursday.

cebu

What a contrast to Red Nose. Two very different Scots.

BarryP

I like a manager that steps up and speaks the simple truth. 
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."