watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Etuhu had a stinkier....

Started by mrska, February 21, 2010, 07:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Etuhu was awful today...  did  he win 1 header??  Did he ever look interestested..  Did he do anything???

Bairds own Goal was a shocker but made up for it with a timely block just after!!

Duff and Bobby stepped up with pearlers!!!!!  Cant wait to see them on MOTD2

Tktd

Someone behiend me kept saying that today in the Hammy end - I kept looking at Etuhu because of it and have to say I was completely indifferent to him as well as quite a few of the players.

For every bad moment most of the players had they had a good moment and having just played a game like the one we did against Shakhtar just 2 days ago I think a win under those circumstances and fatigue levels is a bloody good result and we should just appreciate that we did pretty well considering - don't forget Birmingham aren't push overs and we did dominate the game for most of the match... not only but we came back from 1-0 down too.

All in all i'm not going to complain about todays performance as it merited a win and we won - I just hope it doesn't end up drying us of energy leading into the final 12/20 games of the season!

mrska

I was in H6 with my Twin (otterffc).. we were both moaning..  ha ha

Credit to the boys for battling back from 1 down..  

I love a moan / swear and shout  at football!!!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I can just about forgive Baird after the season he has had,he has stepped right up this season
Not sure what the hell happened to Etuhu,missed almost every tackle,header-had a total mare.Lets hope it's a one off :o

fulhamguy

I thought Etuhu was poor on Thursday aswell...
COYW!

YankeeJim

Etuhu was poor when he first came aboard and after a few matches began to contribute. Not sure what his problem is at the moment. I think were a better team with Baird in the midfield. He does well there. God knows he isn't a rt back.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jimpav

Have to agree with you mate. Made some very poor passes today that could have been costly   if Brum had broke quicker.

I do like him though as he adds a bit of muscle to the middle and
puts in a good tackle.

Love a good rant at the match also- ref had the biggest shocker!

SuffolkWhite

Gentleman Jim could not believe the Ref and Lino's today he was on good form "Noooooooooo Ref come on how can that be a booking!!!!!!!" lol.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bigalffc

I too thought etuhu was off thursday & today I wonder if digackoi will be our better option when fit
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Hazey

Etuhu has been woeful since his return from the ACON.

I don't have a problem with the odd mistake being made such as Baird's OG today as long as they are putting in effort.  You could see Baird was p*ssed at himself and tried his guts out all game as he usually does.

Etuhu just looks apathetic toward anything to do with the game at the moment.  He was standing off blokes when they had possession and when possession was in doubt he was slow to react and put himself in.

My mate and I made a point of watching him for a bit and at opne stage he spent near 3 minutes with the circle in the centre of the ground just watching the ball.

I can only think that maybe Roy had told him to stay in the hole and keep Bowyer quiet??
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

cebu

Quote from: bigalffc on February 21, 2010, 08:29:00 PM
I too thought etuhu was off thursday & today I wonder if digackoi will be our better option when fit
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Hoping Roy gives him another chance when he returns from injury.

MrCheviot

Quote from: cebu on February 22, 2010, 12:37:53 AM
Quote from: bigalffc on February 21, 2010, 08:29:00 PM
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Hoping Roy gives him another chance when he returns from injury.

Before he went off at Bolton, KD certainly looked like he offered a good mix of physical presence and confidence on the ball. His off ball movement though is the biggest contrast between him and Etuhu IMO - KD (and Greening) do a better job of opening for passes so that we have more options besides long passes down the pitch.

For Thursday, I think there are two better options - Greening + Murphy, or if Konch is back fit for Thursday, play Kelly at his natural RB position and bring Baird back into the midfield. The Brazilian's pass too fast for Etuhu so we're not losing anything there by playing the others, and it'll give us a better chance of scoring the vital away goal we'll need.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

TheDaddy

To be honest he was the worst player on the field yesterday.Slow in body and mind.I was walking back to work thinking why Roy hadn't subbed him ? .I came to the conclusion that even on an off day a player like Etuhu is needed to stop a team like Birmingham.How many times have we been bullied off the park against teams we really should be beating.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "