watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now that we're comfortable ...

Started by HatterDon, February 21, 2010, 10:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

... in the league, and now that we've proven ourselves as cup warriors, perhaps COULD WE NOW SHOW A LITTLE OF OUR CLASS ON THE ROAD?

I know Roy likes to go for 0-0s against inferior sides on the road, since cleansheets and single points away from home are gold when you're trying to separate yourself from the scurm at the bottom, but we've shown during the last couple of months in each of the past two seasons that we can win on the road if we just go for it.

So, who's for not parking the bus in front of goal on the road? Yays? Nays?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Perhaps Roy will unleash the marauding hordes against Sunderland (if they are not too knackered after Shakhtar part two) and Hull, but I bet he'll be a bit more cagey at Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United.

So a qualified "Yay" for Hull, anyway.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Jimpav

I think we are more likely to get a result against Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal than Sunderland or the other bully boys.

The Gera/Zamora combo is pretty lethal but breaks down when Bobby is pushed and pulled to the floor without winning a free kick.

Poor old Gera had to suffer a near KO before the ref gave us the free kick that led to "that" free kick. The shove on BZ before was bad enough!

The top four use skill over strength so I think we could hold our own and maybe nick 3 points.

Lighthouse

3 points away from home will be our total for all away games. Roy has 11 players behind the ball and when we make our dash into the opposition half we have BZ and Gera behind him chugging forward. No speed or guile and Murphy has to hold up the ball and gets robbed.

A wonderful season but away we will never perform.

NOTE - I try and anger the Gods with reverse phycology but away from home it hasn't worked yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...all for it, let's start with our next double away at Old Triffid and ruin their 100 years (only) celebration.

:) COYW!!!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

I would like to see it but don't see it happening too often. RH has a system which clearly has made Fulham stronger. Changes I can foresee are bringing in reserves to get more used to the system. Perfect scenario for smalling if we had not sold him.

If we progress in two cups, players like Murphy, hangeland, Zamora are going to need a break occasionally in the league.

I think the FA cup will be a big priority now, best team must play against Spurs and hope we avoid Chelsea in the next round.