https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Are Our Biggest Game Changing Players

Started by White Noise, February 21, 2010, 11:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

RidgeRider

Rupert

By "Game changing" I assume you mean those capable of a moment of magic which leads to a goal, so Schwarzer making a world class save or Hughes a last ditch tackle don't count.

On that criteria,
Erik Nevland (when on as super-sub, not starting)
Zoltan Gera
Danny Murphy
Damien Duff
Clint Dempsey
Bobby Zamora

Simon Davies probably should be on that list if not for the long term injury, so I would have him down as a possible.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MrCheviot

I'd include Schwarzer, because a fantastic save can very easily prevent the momentum from shifting dramatically against us (personally believe that's easily worth a goal). Besides, look no further than Arsenal earlier this year to see what a goalkeeper can do when he's on his game.

I define it as a player who's able to single handedly - through determination, skill, effort or otherwise - make an particular impression on thhe match that few in the squad would be capable of.

My List (no particular order):

Duff - professional attitude, skill
Zamora - plays with venom, occupies 2+ defenders, team assist + scoring leader
Dempsey - chip on his shoulder, great bits of skill, tireless
Schwarzer - commands the box, keeps us in games we otherwise would be out of
Painstil - fearless, plus he's our best 1 on 1 defender - especially against media hyped players
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"