watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To Australians and anyone who knows his music... - Paul Kelly

Started by michaelread, February 22, 2010, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Even if you find yourself not buying CDs anymore (ala, my parents) go out and get "Before Too Long, Triple Js Tribute to Paul Kelly"

All of todays up and coming Australian singer songwriters performing 28 songs by the man himself at a live concert in Melbourne last year.

Truly wonderful to see how such a brilliant songwriter influenced many of todays stars.

I thought I was the only youngun who enjoyed Paul Kelly so mcuh, I guess I was wrong

GoldCoastWhite

An Aussie icon Michael - loved his version of Khe Sanh on the Chisel tribute album too. I'll check out your suggestion asap and perhaps some of the other Foffers can check him out on You Tube. Very talented man.

TonyGilroy

I've only heard "Special treatment" which is the only Kelly track on an album by Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Butch Hancock recorded live in Australia when they were touring with Kelly.

A really strong song and he's someone that's been on my list of people to investigate. What album would be the best starting off point?

michaelread

GCW, it is amazing, for sure. Such a great cover, an icon covering an icon, magical.

And Tony, honestly mate you cant go wrong, but probably grab the greatest hits as it will reel you in a bit more, then you can explore the rest

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead