watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Z Men

Started by WhiteJC, February 23, 2010, 10:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

on current form is Bobby Zamora and Zolton Gera the best strike partnership we've had at the cottage?

GoldCoastWhite

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

best "partnership" in a good long while

Lighthouse

I wouldn't say they are close to being anything but a useful partnership in times of injury to Dempsey and AJ. A great boost to the team and themselves. But not really close to being a great anything. More ZZZZZZZZ than Zipity Doo DA.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkCity

I still cant take to Gera , but give him great credit for his work rate and willingness to improve his game.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

TonyGilroy

We're not short of goals and that's because we have 3 midfielders close enough to Zamora to work with him.

It's not therefore a strike partnership just a system that seems to be working nicely. Duff and Gera are comfortable in this system and when Etuhu plays Murphy gets forward more.

clintclintdeuce

no not even close... i personally think we were on better form when we beat united and liverpool then we are now. We have been quite lucky this last month.
The Dude abides.

The Equalizer

I wouldn't say so. That accolade still has to go to Saha / Hayles or Saha / Boa
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jimpav

They are a great partnership but this is only at it's most effective when we are away from home or under the kosh - i.e. against Basel or Man U, two occasions when this partnership has shone.

By the end of the Brum game I was crying out for Woy to bring on Elm as Brum were playing so defensively that we could not break through.

It was only their ridiculous foul on Gera that led to the free kick that BZ converted. We could have got a second goal earlier if we had another striker for BZ to pass to.

I think we will use this for the next two games away games, but at home we should be playing a bit more offensively and have Elm or Seamus up front.

JBH

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 23, 2010, 01:21:30 PM
I wouldn't say so. That accolade still has to go to Saha / Hayles or Saha / Boa

Totally agree, the days of Saha/Hayles/Boa were special, 72 league goals between the 3 of them.