more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like we've missed out on Bellamy. Set to sign for Cardiff

Started by NorthernWhite, August 15, 2010, 07:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITEwitch

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 16, 2010, 08:53:14 AM
Actually the more this particular one drags on the less I like the idea. Over the last few days thee have been articles that add detail to the name. Getting on a bit considering where and how he plays, dodgy knee, element of homesickness, fed up with football. Don't we hve enough problems brewing up without adding an explosive mixture into it. We are going to get bullied in central midfield and Duff,Demps ad SD are yet to get the pulses racing and surely AJ is'nt going to make the 25.

HIs knee trouble means he can't sustain long periods of activity but is okay in shorter bursts so he tried to negotiate with Mancity that he did the same type of training that he did under Hughes where he works weights and general fitness and plays less actual football during the week.

He's a perfectionist of the first order and doesn't suffer fools gladly - he falls out with folks who don't pull their weight in the team but is fine with the workers.

He isn't actually as difficult as he is made out to be by the press.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: WHITEwitch on August 16, 2010, 09:22:02 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 16, 2010, 08:53:14 AM
Actually the more this particular one drags on the less I like the idea. Over the last few days thee have been articles that add detail to the name. Getting on a bit considering where and how he plays, dodgy knee, element of homesickness, fed up with football. Don't we hve enough problems brewing up without adding an explosive mixture into it. We are going to get bullied in central midfield and Duff,Demps ad SD are yet to get the pulses racing and surely AJ is'nt going to make the 25.

HIs knee trouble means he can't sustain long periods of activity but is okay in shorter bursts so he tried to negotiate with Mancity that he did the same type of training that he did under Hughes where he works weights and general fitness and plays less actual football during the week.

He's a perfectionist of the first order and doesn't suffer fools gladly - he falls out with folks who don't pull their weight in the team but is fine with the workers.

He isn't actually as difficult as he is made out to be by the press.

I did'nt know the knee was a long term problem. I hear what you say about suffering fools etc and I heard his last few interviews, including the longer one about his charity projects, and yes he is smarter than the tatoo's suggest. I just think that the time for Bellamy at The Cottage has passed and its a creative, combative and supporting centre midfield where we need to spend the money. Murph, Etuhu, Digachoi(?), Greening, with perhaps Baird in that mix just looks so vulnerable and the supply to BZ makes scoring opportunities few and far between. A Flameni/Alonso/Murphy aged 25 type player perhaps.

mccscratch

I wish that we could get him but 90k a week is just too much to take on for a player that has had knee injuries in the past... I love players that really get after it and get after teammates when they are dogging it but this is just too risky..

I do however wish that we would go out and get Michael Bradley now... He is the perfect pupil for Danny Murphy and we would really blood him this season.. the kid is going to be a star and is very much like a young, healthy, goal scoring Owen Hargreaves... He could be had for like 6-8 million quid too... wages likely around 20-25k a week..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

os5889

Just listening to real radio, a Cardiff City spokesman just said Bellamy joining Cardiff until January on loan