News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who will replace Danny at the centre of the park in the next round?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 25, 2010, 09:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

I gather that a red card for 'violent conduct' in the Europa League is a 3 match ban which is a real shame as Danny was absolutely magnificent tonight and did himself proud. I was wondering however who will replace him now that he is banned? I presume Dickson will start in CM alongside maybe Greening? We need someone with similar creativity to Danny so probably Greening alongside Baird or Dickson, or maybe even Clinto if he's back in time. What do you think?

Yarden

I for one would like to see Gera in that role and play Zamora and Elm upfront

clintclintdeuce

I personally believe Clint will be back for the next round, and will be involved at some point. I would go with Greening if he isnt.
The Dude abides.

leonffc

Quote from: Yarden on February 25, 2010, 09:17:37 PM
I for one would like to see Gera in that role and play Zamora and Elm upfront

Sorry but Gera is too weak on the ball and wastes possesion too easily. He may work there against a 'lower ranked' team but not top class opposition.
I think our best option is Greening from the squad we have

fulhamguy

Noooooooooo not Gera in the middle, not composed enough.

We're a better team with Gera just behind Sir Bobatov.
COYW!

Brede Butter Pudding

I reckon Woy will go for Greening ahead of anyone else, with Gera playing behind Bobatov

fulhamguy

COYW!

Brede Butter Pudding

Anyone reckon Clint will be back by then, or is he supposed to be out for a good while yet?

Mr Fulham

I think it'll be Greening or even Dikgacoi, who may be back to face Juve.

Brede Butter Pudding

God will shine his light no doubt about it. And is it true about Danny only missing one game? If so, it's not such a disaster

Tom

Greening (aka Jesus) or  Dikgacoi if he is back healthy or even Davies. I don't think Clint will be back for the next round unless it starts in April.
Fulham for life!

fulhamguy

COYW!

Jimpav

Greening would be the obvious candidate but as he is on 4 yellows he is just one card away from a one match ban. Play him in Torino and will be out for the return leg - guaranteed.

GoldCoastWhite

We've got midfield options now with Riise, Greening and Baird so not a disaster losing Smurf. has Simon Davies ever played centrally (if Clint isn't an option) ? He's certainly got the experience and vision but might be a bit lightweight defensively but might offer another option under Roy's tutelage and surprise us all yet again.

NorfolkJim

I think we'll use Greening but it worries me that against an Italian side we might see another Red for our Jesus

Tom

Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 28, 2010, 02:33:57 AM
I think we'll use Greening but it worries me that against an Italian side we might see another Red for our Jesus
Oh geeze!!!
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

On the road, I'd pair Baird with Etuhu. Home leg, I'd pair Simon with Etuhu. With both our starting FBs injured, Danny picked a poor time to have a mega brain fart.

Judging by the "quality" of his football yesterday at Sunderland, perhaps he just wanted a few matches off.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel