watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In New York

Started by FFChris, February 26, 2010, 12:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFChris

Usually read this board everyday but never post.  I do however require our American colleagues help.  I am flying to New York on 13 March and will be in New York for the Man United and Juventus home game.  Where might I be able to see these games.  I am staying in Brooklyn as our office is there.  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

finnster01

The place to be mate is Nevada Smiths in Manhattan.

74 3rd Avenue (Between 11th and 12th street)
New York, NY 10003-5517
(212) 982-2591

I am sure there are a bunch of places in Brooklyn, but I don't go there often. Would only be a short ride on the subway to get there (from Brooklyn) anyway.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

A quick bump as the US is possibly now on lunch and sneaking a quick look at the board.

FatFreddysCat

Why dont you try the Fulham USA site as well? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 26, 2010, 06:08:39 PM
Why dont you try the Fulham USA site as well? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out.
Are you questioning my superior knowledge of New York Mr Freddy?  ;D ;D ;D

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on February 26, 2010, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 26, 2010, 06:08:39 PM
Are you questioning my superior knowledge of New York Mr Freddy?  ;D ;D ;D

Not in the slightest sir. But the fella might not want to get too drunk so he could go to a proper Yank bar and drink some of their weak urine like lager ::).

finnster01

Well at least I didn't suggest Chippendale's...

Motown

Definitely Nevada Smith's. Enjoy your trip - and the game. The beer's pony - but you can't be good at everything.... ::)

HatterDon

the left hand column of the FulhamUSA.com home page has a list of pubs where you can catch a match. Thanks Mr. Fat for your referral.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Motown on February 26, 2010, 07:06:36 PM
Definitely Nevada Smith's. Enjoy your trip - and the game. The beer's pony - but you can't be good at everything.... ::)
[/quoteIf Motown is recomending it, it's obviously a swanky cocktail bar rather than a pub. It'll probably have pictures of fish on the walls as well. ;)

The Rock

Yeah Nevada Smith's is the spot. Due to wifely obligation I don't get there very often, but they should most def have the match on. It's the only place in NY that I've been to where people who truly support their teams go and they have many screens/tv's eetc - though there are others I am sure somewhere...

VicHalomsLovechild

Have to agree with Finn et al. Went to Nevada Smiths two years ago around March to watch the Fulham Everton game. It was about nine on a Sunday morning. There were about a dozen in total most wearing their Fulham shirts.
They have a web site which lists the games they're showing. I looked it up before we left London for my "surprise trip to New York". The other half still thinks we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the game. I haven't the heart to tell her she's crap at keeping secrets. 

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 26, 2010, 11:44:48 PM
Have to agree with Finn et al. Went to Nevada Smiths two years ago around March to watch the Fulham Everton game. It was about nine on a Sunday morning. There were about a dozen in total most wearing their Fulham shirts.
They have a web site which lists the games they're showing. I looked it up before we left London for my "surprise trip to New York". The other half still thinks we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the game. I haven't the heart to tell her she's crap at keeping secrets. 
hahaha. And yet anouther excuse to use this smiley :D

FFChris

Thanks one and all - maybe see some of you in Nevada on 14 Mar.

MrCheviot

In Brooklyn (where I live) there's are a scattering of bars w/ Setanta, most have FSC, and a fair number have directTV. It's really not wroth listing them though,ly it really depends on where you're at or plan to be at the time of the match. There's an Irish pub called the Playwright Tavern on 49th & 7th ave that is very happy to put on footy matches, so if you're closer to Midtown or Times Sq. that can often be a better option than Nevada Smith's. McCormack's on 3rd Ave & 26th St shows matches as well. I know of a few others, and haven't cross checked them w/ FUSA.com's list..

That said, since we're playing ManU on the 14th we'll definitely be on television. The Juve match will be on at Nevada's, Playwright (if you ask them to put it on), and any other bar w/ DirecTV + UEFA channels.

I'll be in town for the Juve match (will be leavoring work for a bit to see it), will be out of town that weekend though. PM me if you want my contact info...
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"