News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

April the fith, probably the most important date of our lifes.

Started by FatFreddysCat, February 26, 2010, 05:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Yes that's when the ten part Pacific starts on Sky Movies  :D. just an excuse to use the new thubs up smiley really, but the old one was better.

JBH

Its going to have to go some to beat Band of Brothers.  ;)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: JBH on February 26, 2010, 05:15:05 PM
Its going to have to go some to beat Band of Brothers.  ;)
True, obviously i own the band of Brothers box set as any real man does and it is a classic. In truth  Pacific wont be as good as it's not the Whole England v Germany thing, but it should be good. I cant wait. Sorry the thread title is a bit misleading and should say,One of the most important date of real mens lifes , women and men residing in Brighton please scroll by. ;)

Rupert

I just got "Flag of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima" on DVD, watched them in that order and hope that "The Pacific" will be of similar quality. I especially liked "Letters", felt quite sorry for the Japs in the end.

Now, when is somebody going to make a film of "Pegasus Bridge" (by the same author as "Band of Brothers" and a really superb piece of work)?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rupert on February 26, 2010, 06:14:51 PM
I just got "Flag of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima" on DVD, watched them in that order and hope that "The Pacific" will be of similar quality. I especially liked "Letters", felt quite sorry for the Japs in the end.

Now, when is somebody going to make a film of "Pegasus Bridge" (by the same author as "Band of Brothers" and a really superb piece of work)?
I have got them on DVD as well, though i wouldn't go as far as to rate them in the Band of Brothers league . Will keep an eye out for the Pegasus Bridge book. A great film that i keep reccomending but keep ballsing up the title to is Ninth company (probably wrong) A Ukrainian film about Young Russians in Afganistan (subtitled obviously) and is one of the best films i've ever seen. i keep forgetting to order it, but i see it for £3.99 on Asda or some similar site. Note to self, when you reread this thread actually order the fecking film.

alfie

Ive got flags and letters but was not impressed with them in fact thought was bit boring, but like u FFC i have band of brothers box set and never get tired of watching, roll on the Pacific
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: alfie on February 26, 2010, 07:00:23 PM
Ive got flags and letters but was not impressed with them in fact thought was bit boring, but like u FFC i have band of brothers box set and never get tired of watching, roll on the Pacific
I was being polite Alfie, i didn't rate them either. But i do own them.

alfie

He FFC i got nearly as many post's as you except someone keeps knocking off the last digit
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: alfie on February 26, 2010, 07:34:19 PM
He FFC i got nearly as many post's as you except someone keeps knocking off the last digit
Dont worry young grasshopper one day you will learn to be as sad as me.

FatFreddysCat

Just listening to the Rolling Stones Gimme shelter and it's made me realise it's about time they done anouther good Nam film.The Nips haven't quite got the same attraction as the Nam war.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 26, 2010, 06:50:34 PM
Quote from: Rupert on February 26, 2010, 06:14:51 PM

I have got them on DVD as well, though i wouldn't go as far as to rate them in the Band of Brothers league . Will keep an eye out for the Pegasus Bridge book. A great film that i keep reccomending but keep ballsing up the title to is Ninth company (probably wrong) A Ukrainian film about Young Russians in Afganistan (subtitled obviously) and is one of the best films i've ever seen. i keep forgetting to order it, but i see it for £3.99 on Asda or some similar site. Note to self, when you reread this thread actually order the fecking film.

One of the interesting things about Band of Brothers, which I also own the box set, is how many Brits played American parts and quite frankly, pulled it off well.

alfie

Need volunteers to make a film

"Stamford Bridge"
the story of a bunch of glory hunting looser's
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

SuffolkWhite

I to have the Box Set of Band Of Brothers (Just to prove my real man qualities FFC) :D.

I have Apocalypse Now on DVD and can watch all the time.

Have also watched that Russian one you were on about Fred which was good. There is another one called Tank which is Russian which you might like also.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 27, 2010, 10:38:59 AM
I to have the Box Set of Band Of Brothers (Just to prove my real man qualities FFC) :D.

I have Apocalypse Now on DVD and can watch all the time.

Have also watched that Russian one you were on about Fred which was good. There is another one called Tank which is Russian which you might like also.
I think i've seen that tank one as well Suffolk White, does he use some word that means Muslims have to look after  him , but one of the crew get cut open on a boulder. Very good.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat