watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aaron Ramsey injury

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 27, 2010, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

I still haven't seen the tackle and don't plan to. I was in the car listening to Radio5Live and they certainly thought it was a bad one.

I'm sick of virtually every manager (Roy apart) being hopelessly blinkered making their observations on matches tedious and worthless.

For seriously foul play I'd favour very long suspensions but only after serious, expert, independent evaluation of the incident. A mistimed tackle is part of the risk in playing. The sort of assault that for instance Andy Johnson suffered against the Russian team was thuggery and should have been punished as such.

jarv

Seen it again and it looked like a 50/50 with (obviously) a dreadful outcome. Many players are never quite the same after such an injury. Let's hope he is ok long term.

Agree with Tony, really bad fouls should result in longer bans.

Other small rule change I would like to see.....when a player goes off for treatment as a result of a foul, the offender should go off too and not return until the injured player comes back.

finnster01

If they implemented your last suggestion Mr Jarv, any match involving Chelsea would turn into a five a side
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Yes Mr. Finn, had to chuckle. I suppose a loophole would be if their best player commited the foul the injured player could just stay off the pitch for the rest of the game.

HammyH3

Quote from: Yarden on February 28, 2010, 07:29:33 AM
Shawcross 23 games 7 Y 1 R
Diao 13 games 7 Y
Fuller 24 games 7 Y
Whelan 18 games 6 Y
Whitehead 24 games 6 Y
Wilkinson 17 games 6 Y
Faye 21 games 4 Y 2 R

Out of all the teams Stoke are alone having 6 players on 6 or more yellows so far this season.
And I bet if we could get some facts on how many players got injured after playing against Stoke, I think you
would find they are top of the list. And for the record, 8 Stoke players got more yellows than the first Fulham player on the list.

Wasn't it Faye that scythed down BZ putting him out for 3 games with the resulting shoulder injury last time we played them?
Stoke, like Blackburn are trained to play crap, violent hoofball.

Burt

To be fair to Shawcross he was pretty cut up about it after, I think he didn't go out of his way (Keane style) to do damage as he went in.

Nasty injury though, an interesting piece in the Sunday Times yesterday that basically showed that players picking up such serious injuries either never return to the game or are a shadow of their former selves.

alfie

What bugs me more is that it was an accident, i am sure of that, but unfortnately Arsene Wenger always has to have somebody to blame. Why can he not accept that it was not intentional. When i played (going back few years now) i was not a quick right half, and it was only pure luck that i did not seriously injure someone, i used to get detention for always being late, but i never ever intended to hurt anyone.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't