News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's head managerial post- the best job in the Premiership?

Started by clintclintdeuce, February 28, 2010, 09:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintclintdeuce

In a purely wholisitic approach, I think that Roy's job just may be the best one out there. You have an owner whos committed, and when the manager wants someone he can go get him, really no matter the price, from AJ to Stockdale. When he wins he is a legend, lauded for his work. When he loses its no big deal, because the fans, almost complacent in nature, didnt expect this type of winning in the first place. All you really have to do is finish 16th/17th every year and people who support this club are generally happy. There is no pressure from the media whatsoever, really just a lovefest of goodwill, and Fulham have become Englands sweethearts in the last 20 months. You have excellent training facilities, and one of the most picturesque grounds in the world to ply your trade at.

Im not saying his job is a cakewalk. We all saw what can happen when the club is in the wrong hands. But how is this not the best head job in the premiership? If he was to go be the England head, who wouldnt want this job? How could you not when it comes to quality?

But in this being said, he has created this atmosphere, and will be commended for doing so when the time comes. I think down the line when we look back, Roy will be credited to really taking this team to the next level. Just as long as the new fans of the club dont turn into potatoheads and muppets with their expectations and behaviours, will this Club's atmosphere last for years to come.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

I dont know, i'd rather be Mark Hughes, he's earnt more for being sacked than Woy will in the next three years for doing his job well.  :-\

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 28, 2010, 09:45:45 PM
I dont know, i'd rather be Mark Hughes, he's earnt more for being sacked than Woy will in the next three years for doing his job well.  :-\

true but the year or so he was there aged his heart, brain, appearance about 15 years. Money is just relative to be honest.
The Dude abides.