watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Juve on the 18th

Started by bobby01, March 01, 2010, 11:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

On the offal it states a 18.00 kickoff GMT surely this is incorrect. Can anyone update me please.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JBH

That is the correct time, it will be early because of TV coverage and tough to the fans that have to work for a living, I have to travel from Sussex so it will be a half days holiday which is really fcukin annoying.

Also due to the early kick off time, I think that the club have screwed up about the price of tickets, don't think it will be a huge crowd now.

bobby01

I am amazed, will have to have a half day now, KO 20.00 out there, 18.00 here for telly, who only want us when their darlings are all out.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jimpav

It is rubbish.

Ticket prices are steep as well - love the way they creep up every round. £25 against Roma for any seat and now they are starting at £30-40.

What a reward for those of us who have splashed out for every European game, on top of all the other matches!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

We are living the dream boys and girls :D
We are playing the aristocracy of world football,one of the most famous name ever and people are moaning?

All the investment over the years by MAF has got us here,the genius of Uncle Woy and the hard work of our hero's on the pitch has got us here,the love of the fans,us lucky enough to be here now and the ones who came before us and the ones at the other end of radios and the internet scattered all over the world and who would give their high teeth to be at the Cottage but who will be sending positive vibes to SW6 all of this has made this day possible-LIVING THE DREAM.

The Old Lady of Turin is coming to our little home by the river to play us in a competitive match as an equal after many years of watching 0-0 draws against Derby County and Norwich we are now proudley on the world stage-this is possibly the biggest match in recent memory and people are quibbling over a £5?

I would never hassle people who put"food on the table for the wife and kids" over football,but guys this is what we have been dreaming about for years!

If you have the chance you want to be able to say "I was there" we may never hit these hights again!

COME ON YOU WHITES

Burt

Not the best timing, it will be a mare to get there from work without blagging an early finish.

But it is what it is, its a massive game, lets "do it".

WhiteJC

when did we last play a bigger club than Juventus?

alfie

I agree it is our best game ever, but as usual it seems that the powers to be want to please everyone except the good old faithful fan, i work in a hospital and it is going to be real tough to get there for kick off, but even if i don't get there till half time it will be worth it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

We get this a lot over here. The San Antonio Spurs often play home games beginning at 9 o'clock at night to provide a prime time encounter on the west coast.

It's the price of television coverage.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 01, 2010, 04:51:00 PM

We've played QPHa a few times in recent years and they are the biggest club in the universe, aren't they? ::)
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Rupert on March 01, 2010, 05:57:58 PM

We've played QPHa a few times in recent years and they are the biggest club in the universe, aren't they? ::)
only if you believe QPHAHA ;)

STEVE

the early kick off is great for me as would have had to miss the game had it been later as i have to be in bed by 10 on a Thursday...

As for price completely justified ... top European Tie superb...

mattiesafer

We play United, Chelsea and Arsenal two or three times a year!  ;D

JBH

Quote from: JBH on March 01, 2010, 11:19:40 AM
That is the correct time, it will be early because of TV coverage and tough to the fans that have to work for a living, I have to travel from Sussex so it will be a half days holiday which is really fcukin annoying.

Also due to the early kick off time, I think that the club have screwed up about the price of tickets, don't think it will be a huge crowd now.

Looking at the ticket sold already for this game, I am pleased to say that it looks as tough my prediction of a smallish crowd is wrong!