News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could really have a chance of beating Juventus!....

Started by Tktd, March 01, 2010, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Buffon their goalkeeping Stalwart and Amauri one of their main strikers are both likely to be out for the two legged draw against us and with our players getting a bit more rest ( a whole week before the tottenham game etc) and with players like Konchesky, Dikagcoi and Dempsey all apparently getting close to returning and will likely be less fatigues by the gurelling schedule we could have three first team players coming back fit and alert for the run in.

Anyway with one of the biggest attacking and defensive weapons out and them being replaced (at least in goal) by an ex arsenal academy player if we take shots and get them on target there's a good chance we can score important goals.

AlFayedsChequebook

It will be very interesting. Juve struggled at home to Ajax in the last round, and their form in Seria A has been poor until recently, but they lost to Palermo this weekend.

We managed to give Roma a good game in both legs and were unlucky not to win at least one of those ties. Juve are older and slower and, as mentioned above, will be missing Buffon. Should be a cracking couple of games.

The Doctor

As far as I'm concerned, we need fear no one in Europe now.  NO ONE

I base this on a combination of us beating the current champions and being a bit of a surprise package with nothing to lose

HatterDon

all of this ALL OF THIS is a bonus.

Hands up everyone who thought 12 months ago, that we'd be wondering what our lineup would be AGAINST JUVENTUS.  :o

Roy will decide; Roy will provide. It is just SO good to be Fulham these days.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

There are a few teams I would like to avoid in the next round Daddy like Wolfsburg
The Dude abides.

JBH

I truely believe that we can get a result over 2 legs against Juventus, I think Roy's tactical nouse away in Turin may be the big advantage for FFC.

Despite having to have 1/2 a day hols to attend the home leg due to kick off time, I will be there!!  ;D

blingo

WE WILL BEAT JUVENTUS OVER THE TWO LEGS AND GO THROUGH TO THE LAST 8

Dugliss

Quote from: blingo on March 02, 2010, 10:56:02 AM

It seemed unreal to be able to read something like this even just a few months ago. Happy days!!

Tktd

Quote from: Dugliss on March 02, 2010, 11:00:51 AM
Quote from: blingo on March 02, 2010, 10:56:02 AM

It seemed unreal to be able to read something like this even just a few months ago. Happy days!!

And to think we actually have a chance... that said though it'll be a tough month with the two juventus clashes sandwiching a match against Utd at Old Trafford!...

Tktd

11th = Juventus - Away - Europa League

2 day gap

14th = Man Utd - Away

3 day gap

18th = Juventus - Home - Europa League

5 days of rest and an away match against Utd in between could be our undoing but i'm hopeful that it wont be like that!

blingo

it wont. So 3 wins in a few days, I can live with that  :D

FC Silver Fox

Wolfsburg, CCD, Wolfsburg  ?   They took Steve Marlet after he left us, so they can't be all that good.  We're getting ahead of ourselves, but you brought the subject up.  I'd like to avoid the 'pool but would like to play Lille. Imagine how many we'd get going over for that game. Its a direct train ride on Eurostar.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FFCOutpostCommander

If ever a match called for a clearing of the bench, the 14TH tie against Man U is it. I'd dare the FA to criticize us with such a tight week on the heels of a Month like February. I do wish Europa was next month when we are likely to have so many important players back to boost our squad, but no worries, Roy will sort it out and we'll move on to the next round again. Besides, Blingo said so ;D COYW!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Vinnieffc

We beat the best team in the competition in the last round. We SHALL go through !!