The game has launched!!!
For those who haven’t played before the link is here;http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
I've set up leagues for both Classic and Head to Head, the codes to join are below :
Code to join the FoF Classic league: 22734-9824
Code to join the FoF Head to Head league: 22734-10353
Teams are ranked based on the total points in the game. In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has made the least transfers will be positioned higher.
Each gameweek you will play a match against another team in the league, with a match result based on game scores. 3 points will be awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw. In the event of a tie, the team with the most game points will be positioned higher.
A new Fantasy Premier League season brings a few new rules with it. I have highlighted the most relevant ones. The full set of rules can be found here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/
Selecting a Captain and a Vice-Captain
From your starting 11 you nominate a captain and a vice-captain. Your captain's score will be doubled.
If your captain plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain.
If both captain and vice-captain play 0 minutes in a Gameweek, then no player's score will be doubled.
Assists are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team, who makes the last touch before the goal is scored.
If after this touch, an opposing player touches the ball outside the penalty area altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is given, except if this intervention directly results in an own goal.
In the event of a penalty or free-kick, the player earning the penalty or free-kick gets an assist if a goal is directly scored, but not if he takes it himself, in which case no assist is given.
All assists are reviewed before the points are updated at the end of each day.
The three best performing players in each match according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index** will receive additional bonus points. 3 points will be awarded to the highest scoring player, 2 to the second best and 1 to the third.
Bonus points will be awarded the morning after the matches are played
Examples of how bonus point ties will be resolved are as follows:
• If there is a tie for first place, Players 1 & 2 will receive 3 points each and Player 3 will receive 1 point.
• If there is a tie for second place, Player 1 will receive 3 points and Players 2 and 3 will receive 2 points each.
• If there is a tie for third place, Player 1 will receive 3 points, Player 2 will receive 2 points and Players 3 & 4 will receive 1 point each.
**What is the EA Sports Index?? ( This only affects Bonus Points in the game )
Are you fed up of listening to your mates argue about which player is the best striker, who provides the most assists or who is the most complete footballer in the Barclays Premier League?
The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index will settle these disputes once and for all and provide an objective analysis as to which players are the best and why.
The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index is the only official player rating index of the Barclays Premier League which measures a player's all round contribution to the success of his team using six key indices.
1. Winning Performance - Players receive points for time on the pitch in a successful team. Players will receive more points if they play the full 90 minutes in a winning team. This index shares league points won by a team between the players according to the minutes they are on the pitch. Only time on the pitch and points scored are taken into account in this first index.
2. Player's Performance per match - Players receive points for positive influences on a winning performance (shots, tackles, clearances, saves etc). Players have points taken away from their score for negative actions such as shots off target and yellow/red cards.
3. Appearances - Players receive points for minutes on the pitch. The number of points won by ALL teams in the league are divided amongst the players according to the number of minutes they have played. This is similar to the first Index but this does not take into account the result of a match, it awards points purely for playing time.
4. Goals scored - Players are awarded points for scoring goals. These points are only given to the goal scorer.
5. Assists - Players awarded points for assists. These points are only awarded to players that make the assist.
6. Clean sheets - Allocates points for clean sheets to the whole team. The proportionate split of the points is weighted according to the player's position. Therefore a goalkeeper will be awarded a greater proportion of the points for keeping a clean sheet than a striker. The points are also awarded proportionately to the time spent on the pitch.
The overall EA SPORTS Player Performance Index is a correlation between all of the above six indices. The Index only includes actions that can be measured objectively and does not reward one action more than another (e.g. a pass by a midfielder will not gain more points than a tackle made by a defender). Subjective factors relating to individual player skill levels or evidence of a specific flair, such as a particularly spectacular pass or goal, are not included within the index. The intention of the index assessment is to remove any opinion bias and only work with proven statistical measurements which become more accurate as the season progresses..
Whilst the index rewards players that contribute to a winning team, the team success is only part of the final rating. Players that perform well but don't enjoy much team success can still perform well in the overall ratings by scoring points in other areas.
The EA SPORTS Player Performance index is updated weekly and is announced on www.premierleague.com
every Tuesday, along with the EA SPORTS Team of the Week, which is made up of the top players from the Index.