News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For those who had birthdays but were ignored.

Started by Lighthouse, March 02, 2010, 12:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Some of us a really popular. Some of us attract good wishes like moths to a flame. However some of us are just ignored. I have always been loved by many many people. Sometimes at the same time for a very reasonable fee. Others however are not. I even know of somebody who had so few cards on his birthday his sister printed out the good wishes messages from FOF and put them up instead of cards. Pathetic. Still they looked as good as cards with a bit of ribbon and... anyway you get my drift.

But sometimes a member of FOF is forgotten. Sometimes the moderators are too busy smacking down free expression and freedom and.... OW THAT HURT.

So for all those like STEVE who had a Birthday and was cruelly forgotten. Please join me in remembering that we can't all be popular or even liked. But for one day lets all pretend we can.

For all those who had a Birthday yesterday, like Steve, and used his 4 posts moaning um bringing it to the attention of the Jack Booted Mods. Join me in wishing them a belated birthday greeting.

I am Lighthouse and I am an ancoh.. no I mean I am sorry. Blame the Moderators. Too busy reading George Orwell to notice. Only kidding Modera... OW
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

All good points ... of course, MY birthday thread got lots of responses, while other folks got fewer than today's obituary thread of a Burnley GK who cheated us out of an FA Cup Final. Glad I'm not more unpopular than him!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

STEVE

I wanted a personal thread not some mention in an open letter to anyone and everyone ... for crying out loud.

Where have all the decent people gone... :-\    !!!!!1

TonyGilroy

I'm 60 next month and I want it ignored. I want it to be something that simply won't happen so long as that doesn't mean premature death.

Wife, children, family, even those few friends that I still have all want to arrange some sort of celebration but they're only doing it to piss me off.

I want to be left alone to stare at the wall but the bastards won't let me.

WhiteJC

If you go to your profile (button at top of screen) and then select 'forum profile info' you can edit your birthdate info.
If you enter your birthdate it will show in the calendar

STEVE

Oh come on when you are me .. you don't add dates to poxy calenders ...
wheres that lovechild bloke... Mr Ska .. LB get some proper people to give proper answers this is ridiculous and i won't budge until i get proper recognition..

Lighthouse

Now I feel insulted. Not proper recognition? I may not be a mate or part of the clique or whatever, but I did make an effort. But if I am not good enough THEN we both know where we stand. No to late to apologize. I am sorry that all the effort wasn't enough. I shall not becoming to your fancy dress party. But I will have some cake.

Not good enough but I have my pride.

Oh and the reason it is an open letter is that I didn't want to bring too much attention to what is an embarrasing moment in so many peoples lives.

Still here is wishing you...oh no done that bit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope