Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Tktd

It's not controversial If

You are a Man Utd fan

If you hate americans

Want Man Utd to have their hard earned money

you want to see more investment in the club

and the rest of the long list of dislikes about the Glazers and what they stand for!

finnster01

Quote from: Tktd on March 10, 2010, 11:23:37 PM

You are a Man Utd fan

If you hate americans

and the rest of the long list of dislikes about the Glazers and what they stand for!

I agree with everything you say Mr Tkd except one thing which I think is a bit out of control:

Don't hate Americans, just because the Glazer's are American doesn't mean the whole country is full of merchants and Gordon Brown's.

I have been extremely well treated in America, good banter and all, and the blokes that posts here are all top shelf. It is way too harsh to hate Americans. Just look at Villa and their chairman Mr Lerner. A top notch owner and chairman and he is American. There are some very fine ladies and gentlemen here too.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

:004:  :dft001:  :041:   :015:   :031:  :035:  :009:  :011:  :012:

Thats my take on it. It is also the latest episode of any soap you care to mention.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steve_orino

And the truth shall set your free...

First they create another "area" for us.  Now they "hate" us.  Soon we'll all be banned and have to go talk to the likes of Blizzard and the creations of WO.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

mofulham

Look at the picture, Becks looks the part of the devil.  You know the one that came to the states under the good-doer disguise to raise the game in the US.  Only to rake in millions for naught on the field while  his teamates play for just above poverty wages.  And he spends half of his time and most of his effort playing in Spitaly.  Sorry but Becks is the pot calling the kettle black in this case. Shame on him the Fuugggiiikkinggg ingnoratnat hipocrite

os5889

On a less serious note is Dai Beckhamiau becoming folically challenged?

Imagine what the league will be like if this spiraling debt continues? Arsenal and Villa will be top dogs, United & Liverpool facing winding up orders after overpaying Ian Harte and Luciano Becchio languishing in League 1 with empty chapels and chips on their shoulders the size of doorstrops!

Logicalman

Quote from: Tktd on March 10, 2010, 11:23:37 PM
You are a Man Utd fan
If you hate americans

What on earth has the Glaziers being American got to do with it all?

If you mean you would rather see an English person in charge, then tread very carefully, bearing in mind our very own chairman. If it's just because you don't like Americans, then just say so, but please don't tar a whole nation just because of a couple of sports entrepreneurs who have done ManUre wrong.

Logicalman

Quote from: mofulham on March 11, 2010, 03:56:40 AM
Look at the picture, Becks looks the part of the devil.  You know the one that came to the states under the good-doer disguise to raise the game in the US.  Only to rake in millions for naught on the field while  his teamates play for just above poverty wages.  And he spends half of his time and most of his effort playing in Spitaly.  Sorry but Becks is the pot calling the kettle black in this case. Shame on him the Fuugggiiikkinggg ingnoratnat hipocrite

Which country are you from when stating "...while  his teamates play for just above poverty wages.."?
Do you actually KNOW the wage structure of the MLS?
Here are some of Beckhams team-mates "Poverty Line" wages:

LA Beckham David M $ 5,500,000.08
LA Berhalter Gregg D $ 144,000.00
LA Birchall Chris M $ 84,000.00
LA Bowen Tristan F $ 65,000.00
LA Buddle Edson F $ 169,950.00
LA DeLaGarza AJ D $ 36,000.00
LA Donovan Landon F $ 900,000.00
LA Dunivant Todd D $ 109,974.38
LA Eskandarian Alecko F $ 135,850.00
LA Franklin Sean D $ 64,350.00
LA Gonzalez Omar D $ 65,000.00
LA Gordon Alan F $ 79,754.40
LA Griffin Leonard D $ 37,000.00
LA Jordan Bryan F $ 34,000.00
LA Kirovski Jovan F $ 80,000.00
LA Klein Chris D $ 175,000.00
LA Kovalenko Dema M $ 130,000.00
LA Lewis Eddie M $ 160,008.00
LA Magee Mike F $ 70,000.00
LA Marshall Yohance D $ 20,100.00
LA Miglioranzi Stefani M $ 69,999.96
LA Patterson Kyle M $ 20,100.00
LA Ricketts Donovan GK $ 150,000.00
LA Sanneh Tony D $ 84,000.00
LA Saunders Josh GK $ 41,340.00
LA Sesay Israel F $ 70,000.00
LA Valentin Julian D $ 36,000.00

I won't bore you with the actual Poverty Line rates in the US, but I think you will find it's a little less than the average 116K salary of the LA Players though.

The MLS have a very structured regime there, and to think that the Becks deal was only good for him is being, perhaps, a little naive. The deal was struck to give the MLS and LA Galaxy world publicity, and if anyone thought that just one player at one club could be the savior of the MLS then they probably also believe the poverty line is around 100K a year.

HatterDon

I don't believe Mr. os5889 was anywhere close to saying that HE hated Americans, and I think it's a little silly to say that the Glaziers being American has nothing to do with their being resented.

As for Beckham, I think he accepted a scarf that was offered to him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on March 11, 2010, 02:37:06 PM
I don't believe Mr. os5889 was anywhere close to saying that HE hated Americans, and I think it's a little silly to say that the Glaziers being American has nothing to do with their being resented.

I see your point, but I would argue that their being American has a lot less to do with it all than their handling of the take-over deal and placing ManUre, a once perfectly solvent and mega-rich club, into a 700 Million debt spiral, together with the stories of personal loans to family members.

os5889

Quote from: Logicalman on March 13, 2010, 12:02:24 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 11, 2010, 02:37:06 PM

I see your point, but I would argue that their being American has a lot less to do with it all than their handling of the take-over deal and placing ManUre, a once perfectly solvent and mega-rich club, into a 700 Million debt spiral, together with the stories of personal loans to family members.

This is it in a nutshell! Man Ure used to be richer than some small countries, now they are a going financial concern

TheDon

why dont ffc fans do a protest in favour of our ownership.

drum up a bit of publicity about how good things are under mo`s ownership. lol

finnster01

I am in no doubt that the Glazier's will sell. Unfortunately, it will be when they like it.

They are using the club as a cash cow, putting all debt back onto the club's books and taking out silly management fees for doing little or nothing, free "loans" along the way, etc.

And you know what the saddest thing is, when they sell they will make a very tidy profit. Not many people can say that about an investment during the worst recession since the great depression. American's or not, cold blooded yet savvy investors with no heart for the club. They will all end up with big smiles on their faces.

The only losers here in the end are the fans, once again. The bond offering has a maturity of 5 years, which means that for 5 years the club will have to carry and manage the debt and the Glazers having the liberty to dip their fingers as often as they like into the cookie jar on any positive turnover, resulting in that Man U's overall debt will only continue to grow...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

alfie

Quote from: finnster01 on March 13, 2010, 06:42:41 PM
I am in no doubt that the Glazier's will sell. Unfortunately, it will be when they like it.

They are using the club as a cash cow, putting all debt back onto the club's books and taking out silly management fees for doing little or nothing, free "loans" along the way, etc.

And you know what the saddest thing is, when they sell they will make a very tidy profit. Not many people can say that about an investment during the worst recession since the great depression. American's or not, cold blooded yet savvy investors with no heart for the club. They will all end up with big smiles on their faces.

The only losers here in the end are the fans, once again. The bond offering has a maturity of 5 years, which means that for 5 years the club will have to carry and manage the debt and the Glazers having the liberty to dip their fingers as often as they like into the cookie jar on any positive turnover, resulting in that Man U's overall debt will only continue to grow...

What about the previous owners who sold it to them, did they not make an absolute fortune from selling, where was their heart for the club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on March 13, 2010, 07:07:58 PM
What about the previous owners who sold it to them, did they not make an absolute fortune from selling, where was their heart for the club.

Good call there Alfie, it was the two Irish men that sold ManUre out. If they hadn't succumbed to their greed, then the Glaziers wouldn't have been able to get the stock up to 75%, forcing the takeover. Then again, it was their investment, and their decision to make, but they cannot deny they do have blood on their hands in this matter.