News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So there we have it, no less than a 2-0 result at the Cottage next Thursday.

Started by Admin, March 11, 2010, 10:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Bit of a mountain to climb I think with a good attacking juventus side who will, with out fail nick a goal or two at our mercy in the replay at the cottage. We missed Murphy tonight and will miss him again in the replay but I think we've finally blown our chuff now with sloppy mistakes yet again.

A 2-0 win is not impossible but I just can't see us getting the ball down against these guy's and wining by this margain. Maybe an unlucky 1-0 or 2-1 but I think tonights performance has scuppered any chances that we may of had. You just can't go giving the ball away that easy and not pick up players at this level, sorry.

FulhamRob

Mission impossible next week. Ridiculously sloppy defending. We actually got more out of this game than we deserved. VERY disappointed. :035:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

no midfield general-no murphy or jesus,it's not looking good to be honest-I've come over all Lighthouse...............................

bigalffc

having no jesus is a blessing - he gave away just about everything that came his way. signed judas escariot
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Admin

We are good for the 2-0 win mark my words but the boy's will, with out fail, have to play out of their skins with ZERO mistakes. Juv are a good attacking side but they are no where near as good as Shakthar.

I couldn't give two monkies if we got thrashed 6-0 up at Old trafford on Sunday as long as the boys pull off the result of our history next Thursday with the required win. A bit of an impossible mission yes but I'm still going to hold faith in the boy's.  :54:

I personally think it's the end of a long hard slog for us in this Europa Leauge but I will stand to be proven wrong.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Admin on March 11, 2010, 10:15:01 PM
We are good for the 2-0 win mark my words but the boy's will, with out fail, have to play out of their skins with ZERO mistakes. Juv are a good attacking side but they are no where near as good as Shakthar.

I couldn't give two monkies if we got thrashed 6-0 up at Old trafford on Sunday as long as the boys pull off the result of our history next Thursday with the required win. A bit of an impossible mission yes but I'm still going to hold faith in the boy's.  :54:

I personally think it's the end of a long hard slog for us in this Europa Leauge but I will stand to be proven wrong.
My words exactly Scotty, Let's take a thrashing at Manure,it'd be a minor miracle to get a result there at the moment anyhow the way the monster Rooney is playing. Even resting the whole team the odds are against us in the return, but if we get an early one , who knows? The atmosphere would suddenly be electric and they aint used to a crowd these days . Slim chance but i promise you i'll be singing my nut off.COYWS.

wadey

we are still in this...2-0 is very do-able....juve will not like playing at the cottage...and to be honest i didnt think juve were that good in the 2nd half anyway...the one thing we will need tho...is a bloody decent referee and lino,s...they alone have ruined our european season for me............i repeat......WE ARE STILL IN THIS

Admin

Quote from: wadey on March 11, 2010, 10:33:47 PM
we are still in this...2-0 is very do-able....juve will not like playing at the cottage...and to be honest i didnt think juve were that good in the 2nd half anyway...the one thing we will need tho...is a bloody decent referee and lino,s...they alone have ruined our european season for me............i repeat......WE ARE STILL IN THIS

As long as southfield white misses the plane on the way back, trips over and loses his memory for the next 100 years, I couldn't really give a damn if we went out.

wadey

Quote from: Admin on March 11, 2010, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: wadey on March 11, 2010, 10:33:47 PM

As long as southfield white misses the plain on the way back, trips over and loses his memory for the next 100 years, I couldn't really give a damn if we went out.
................OH DEAR...

HatterDon

Let's not kid ourselves. It's going to be very very difficult to

a. score twice against these guys AND
b. keep a clean sheet.

They are very good and they played brilliantly today. 3-1 did NOT flatter them. Yes, we are not out of it, but it's going to be tough with a seriously depleted midfield.

My suggestions?

1. Bring Kelly back at RB and move Baird to partner with Etuhu. He's a LOT more adventurous than Greening.

2. Resist the temptation to start Dempsey. Go with Simon in the first half and bring Clint on at 60 minutes or so.

3. Try and figure out some way to put pressure on their RB so as to shift the focus from the other side of the pitch. Duff had more sweaty Italians circling him than an American high school girl -- primarily because Konchesky and Davies did nothing.

4. Wake up PK BEFORE the opening whistle.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steve_orino

We beat some team from Manchester 3-0 this year...we CAN do it.

It will take the perfect game but we're capable - there's still a chance.  I choose to stay on the Blingo side of the meter for now...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Lighthouse

Why do we think Juventus are going to be hard to play? We were poor today and yet Davies missed a sitter and we gave away two goals. We looked a small squad that is iver stretched. But we can turn this around if tiredness doesn't win. But don't tell me that Juventus were anything special because they looked half as good as Shakattack.

But tiredness does look problem. As for Greening I agree it will be a blessing not having him there. He gives simple balls away, plays the ball to players under pressure and never makes a forward pass. Oh yes and keeps on being booked. Not because he is dirty but because he is slower than Murphy with Etuhu sitting on his shoulders.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 12, 2010, 12:52:50 AM
Why do we think Juventus are going to be hard to play? We were poor today and yet Davies missed a sitter and we gave away two goals. We looked a small squad that is iver stretched. But we can turn this around if tiredness doesn't win. But don't tell me that Juventus were anything special because they looked half as good as Shakattack.

But tiredness does look problem. As for Greening I agree it will be a blessing not having him there. He gives simple balls away, plays the ball to players under pressure and never makes a forward pass. Oh yes and keeps on being booked. Not because he is dirty but because he is slower than Murphy with Etuhu sitting on his shoulders.
Dude,are you Blingo in disguise :032: