News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fans fighting each other in Torino?

Started by FatFreddysCat, March 11, 2010, 11:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Admin

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 11, 2010, 11:17:58 PM
Apparantly so????

No, that was another SLW text to Ska who then sent out a mass one which got out of control as usual. A couple of women them two seriously. If it came from that plonker SLW you know damn well it was over exagerated by about 200 times. It was more than likely him being on the source all day, fogetting his glasses seeing double and then reporting 100 Fulham fans all fighting with it other when really it was one bloke bending down to pick up his program.

ron

Quote from: Admin on March 11, 2010, 11:35:17 PM
Apparantly so????

No, that was another SLW text to Ska who then sent out a mass one which got out of control as usual. A couple of women them two seriously. If it came from that plonker SLW you know damn well it was over exagerated by about 200 times. It was more than likely him being on the source all day, fogetting his glasses seeing double and then reporting 100 Fulham fans all fighting with it other when really it was one bloke bending down to pick up his program.

Wouldn't that need to be 50 blokes bending down to pick up the programme..?

Admin

Quote from: ron on March 11, 2010, 11:39:06 PM
Quote from: Admin on March 11, 2010, 11:35:17 PM
Apparantly so????

No
Wouldn't that need to be 50 blokes bending down to pick up the programme..?

FatFreddysCat

If it kicks off at the Cottage next week, let's just quickly put them in military uniform and they'll scarper .  :005:

mrska

Apparantly so????

Admin didnt even watch the game  and just sent negative text all night.. some fan!

VicHalomsLovechild

I blame the Riverside Rugrats. Those people can turn seriously nasty once they've been at the Stones special one wine and the mobility coach turns up late!

WhiteJC

there were a couple of idiots having a go at each other, the problem was that as they pushed and shoved it sent other people down the stand. More than one ended up several flights of seats down, head first, it was like skittles at one point! having 14 odd stone of supprised Fulham fan coming at you head first from 5 rows up wasn't amusing.
The two who started it were caught on CTV, one of them has been identified, a season ticket holder, and will be 'dealt' with by the club.
If he gets away with less than a life time ban he's going to be lucky

SouthLondonWhite

Scott for someone that didn't even watch the game mate these are pretty strong words. For what it is worth, seeing a load of Fulham fans bundling into each other with more rushing up from the bottom to get involved is not a good look. Yesterday was a good day and most people behaved really well, but there were a couple of right a**eholes out there (as you'd probably expect).

It certainly wasn't handbags and I got caught up in a bit of in on the stairwell. While it might not have been World War 1, it was still an ugly scene which made us look like Stoke fans.

Hazey

I've never understood why the feck you would be interested in fighting with your own fellow supporters!  Ridiculous!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

McBridefan1

There are a couple of guys on the old Offal that would take a poke  :014: at their own mothers if she piped up out of turn... what can you do the idiots surround us all we can do is hold to our own sense of decency (such as it is). :dft012:

NorfolkJim

It was an utter disgrace - I dont think I've felt as embarrased as a Fulham fan, ever.
The trouble was that there were 4-5 utter morons who were not willing to let their various arguments go, so there was a lot of pushing and squaring up to each other which meant other people were falling down the steep terracing and people were getting hurt. So it started as a few drunks out of order and just got out of hand to the point where it became close to a pitched battle.
From my point of view I saw the same few troublemakers I saw in Rome also keeping it going. I've grown to hate these particular individuals, and no, hate is not to strong a word for it.
Certainly it wasnt just a case of handbags and it was really getting out of hand.
The stewards and police just watched from the front and did next to nothing, yet I saw one old boy who'd been caught up in it looking in a very bad way and needing help - which wasn't coming.

I had planned to write a report on a disappointing result but a great day in Torino, but to be honest the whole thing has sickened me to the point of maybe giving up altogether. That just wasn't the Fulham I love last night and no it wasn't just a few. We've sadly attracted a growing group of drunken trouble makers and anyone who stands up to them gets pilloried.

Depressing

Oakeshott

NJ

We've always had a few. My worst experience was many years ago when we were playing Leicester at home in a game where promotion was a possibility. Walking to the Cottage with my two then young sons we got caught up in a running knife fight between several Fulham "supporters" and a few equally loathsome yobs from Leicester. Only a very small minority then, and no doubt a similarly small minority now, but sadly we can't assume we don't have a few bits of trash in toe.  

TonyGilroy

One clear difference today is that away supporters HAVE to be in a small seperated area.

In the past you had large terraces or no questions asked if you wanted to sit or stand in an enclosure. I never stood in the crowd behind the goal because I preferred the side on view and less "committed" company. My choice but it meant that I could avoid potential trouble.

These days I'm stuck with the good bad and ugly of our away supporters (on the rare occasion I go) together with stewards who treat me like scum.

So I mostly give away games a miss.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 12, 2010, 02:42:38 PM
One clear difference today is that away supporters HAVE to be in a small seperated area.

In the past you had large terraces or no questions asked if you wanted to sit or stand in an enclosure. I never stood in the crowd behind the goal because I preferred the side on view and less "committed" company. My choice but it meant that I could avoid potential trouble.

These days I'm stuck with the good bad and ugly of our away supporters (on the rare occasion I go) together with stewards who treat me like scum.

So I mostly give away games a miss.

At home games I sit with a good bunch in H7 or with my mates who are a good giggle in H3,I have a choice,if I go to away games there is more chance of sitting next to a numpty and I can't be bothered with the hassle, I don't have a choice and thats what keeps me away,it would me getting a ban for slapping an idiot who is beating somebody else up not the person who deserves it,and none of this would happen if stewarding was up to a high standard,not just some kid they get in for weekend work

Admin

Quote from: SouthLondonWhite on March 12, 2010, 11:04:19 AM
Scott for someone that didn't even watch the game mate these are pretty strong words. For what it is worth, seeing a load of Fulham fans bundling into each other with more rushing up from the bottom to get involved is not a good look. Yesterday was a good day and most people behaved really well, but there were a couple of right a**eholes out there (as you'd probably expect).

It certainly wasn't handbags and I got caught up in a bit of in on the stairwell. While it might not have been World War 1, it was still an ugly scene which made us look like Stoke fans.

Come on Jay, you know me it was a bit of banter at the time but if it did kick off out their between our own fans like you say them I'm speachless.

I don't agree with it, don't tolerate it, I would never, ever want to see any of my close friends caught up in it either. So if you was, then I appologize for that at least...

By the way, I was watching the game last night, I was just winding bumbder up who has now decided to jump on the Europa League gravy boat after being Mr. negative himself by saying I was watching Master Chef instead.

Whilst we are on the subject, any familliar faces that you recognize from around the Cottage that were starting the trouble? I'd love to know who they were. Young, middle aged old etc?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Admin on March 12, 2010, 03:59:52 PM
Quote from: SouthLondonWhite on March 12, 2010, 11:04:19 AM

Come on Jay, you know me it was a bit of banter at the time but if it did kick off out their between our own fans like you say them I'm speachless.

I don't agree with it, don't tolerate it, I would never, ever want to see any of my close friends caught up in it either. So if you was, then I appologize for that at least...

By the way, I was watching the game last night, I was just winding bumbder up who has now decided to jump on the Europa League gravy boat after being Mr. negative himself by saying I was watching Master Chef instead.

Whilst we are on the subject, any familliar faces that you recognize from around the Cottage that were starting the trouble? I'd love to know who they were. Young, middle aged old etc?

most of them were in their mid twenties

finnster01

Not very smart thing to do if you want to see Fulham in Europe again, or Fulham at all for that matter.

Problem is, with us doing good in the fair play league and a shot at getting back into Europe, this nonsense will not help, is stupid, selfish, hurts the club, and most importantly ruins the experience for proper Fulham fans and puts their health at risk on top.

We can do without fans like this.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

Sadly true. Just got off plane at Gatwick. Quite nasty and took a shine off the trip. Bit knackered and despondent but will try and write a report over the weekend.