News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fans fighting each other in Torino?

Started by FatFreddysCat, March 11, 2010, 11:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

the trouble started just before Juve scored their second and was still going on after we scored!

at one point most, most around me anyway, were singing to those causing the rumpus that they should go and support Chelsea!, I'm trying to think of something that would be more of an insult to a Fulham fan?

it shows how strongly the vast majority (over 99%) of us felt about it.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 12, 2010, 03:55:11 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 12, 2010, 02:42:38 PM
One clear difference today is that away supporters HAVE to be in a small seperated area.

In the past you had large terraces or no questions asked if you wanted to sit or stand in an enclosure. I never stood in the crowd behind the goal because I preferred the side on view and less "committed" company. My choice but it meant that I could avoid potential trouble.

These days I'm stuck with the good bad and ugly of our away supporters (on the rare occasion I go) together with stewards who treat me like scum.

So I mostly give away games a miss.
I  agree totally Sid, I have had the same experience at away games, couple of chelsea rejects screaming c**t at our players every 5 minutes, when I said to calm it I got "what are you a steward or sumfink?" I go with my missus and I may be old fashioned but I don't want that and nor does she, she used to work for the club and very rarely missed any  games for 30plus years,still a S?T holder.  but not away games now, only the odd one or two, we really have attracted some plebs!

At home games I sit with a good bunch in H7 or with my mates who are a good giggle in H3,I have a choice,if I go to away games there is more chance of sitting next to a numpty and I can't be bothered with the hassle, I don't have a choice and thats what keeps me away,it would me getting a ban for slapping an idiot who is beating somebody else up not the person who deserves it,and none of this would happen if stewarding was up to a high standard,not just some kid they get in for weekend work

SouthfieldWhite

Sadly the worst think was when women got caught up in it, the lovely Chez got caught up in it and to SLW credit, when and saved her from a potential horrible experience, trouble was Fulham fans were drinking all day and some couldnt handle the drink, although thats no excuse, so well done SLW, im sure youre a hero in Chezs eyes now, did take the polish of a good trip though

Peabody

Sounds like a truly horrible experience. I have read elsewhere that these exploits were filmed and Fulham know who the instigators are. If that is the case, do you think that the Club should name and shame them?

mrska

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 12, 2010, 06:18:00 PM
Sadly the worst think was when women got caught up in it, the lovely Chez got caught up in it and to SLW credit, when and saved her from a potential horrible experience, trouble was Fulham fans were drinking all day and some couldnt handle the drink, although thats no excuse, so well done SLW, im sure youre a hero in Chezs eyes now, did take the polish of a good trip though

Yeah thats pretty much what i heard Southfield..  Well done SLW...  picked a good time to grow some Bo%%ox!!  ha ha  Nah well done mate x

bigalffc

i hope they can identify the troublemakers and ban 'em for good!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

SouthLondonWhite

Quote from: mrska on March 12, 2010, 07:02:29 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 12, 2010, 06:18:00 PM

Yeah thats pretty much what i heard Southfield..  Well done SLW...  picked a good time to grow some Bo%%ox!!  ha ha  Nah well done mate x

Chez was pi*sed up and looked like she was going to smash them all over the gaff.

SouthLondonWhite

Quote from: Admin on March 12, 2010, 03:59:52 PM
Quote from: SouthLondonWhite on March 12, 2010, 11:04:19 AM
Scott for someone that didn't even watch the game mate these are pretty strong words. For what it is worth, seeing a load of Fulham fans bundling into each other with more rushing up from the bottom to get involved is not a good look. Yesterday was a good day and most people behaved really well, but there were a couple of right a**eholes out there (as you'd probably expect).

It certainly wasn't handbags and I got caught up in a bit of in on the stairwell. While it might not have been World War 1, it was still an ugly scene which made us look like Stoke fans.

Come on Jay, you know me it was a bit of banter at the time but if it did kick off out their between our own fans like you say them I'm speachless.

I don't agree with it, don't tolerate it, I would never, ever want to see any of my close friends caught up in it either. So if you was, then I appologize for that at least...

By the way, I was watching the game last night, I was just winding bumbder up who has now decided to jump on the Europa League gravy boat after being Mr. negative himself by saying I was watching Master Chef instead.

Whilst we are on the subject, any familliar faces that you recognize from around the Cottage that were starting the trouble? I'd love to know who they were. Young, middle aged old etc?

No worries mate.

No I didn't recognise anyone, although it definately wasn't any of the Yoof so I am glad to see that they havn't been mentioned by anyone.

LRCN

what the f*ck were the stewards doing during all this?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Lork on March 13, 2010, 12:03:45 AM
what the f*ck were the stewards doing during all this?

do you mean all 3 of them? they eventually sorted it out, however they go a lot of stick/abuse while trying!

Rupert

Quote from: bigalffc on March 12, 2010, 07:30:41 PM

We've got a good record on this, at least. Remember the nonsense v QPR at the Cottage about twelve years ago? Fifty of theirs and fifty of "ours", along with a dozen or so of Chelsea mates, arranged for a fight in the Enclosure which kicked off as soon as the game started. The ref quickly switched his linos to opposite sides to avoid the trouble. I watched so called FFC fans climb on top of true supporters in their haste to get out of the seats and join the fun.

Our fifty got lifetime bans, despite lots of bleating that they were "only protecting their own" (strange way to protect somebody by stepping on their head, but there you go), QPR claimed they had insufficient evidence to do anything to their thugs, so the following season when they came to the Cottage we hit them with stringent restrictions (season-ticket holders only, name printed on ticket, stewards asking for tickets at random, if you lose your ticket you are out, etc), laughed at their bleating that this was in some way unfair (you let thugs flourish, it is your problem) and only a few thousand of theirs were able to attend.

Since then we have had few problems whilst QPR have been in the news occasionally for more thuggery, for one example after a pre-season friendly against Chelsea.
So yes, as long as we can identify the culprits, ban them and ignore thair "but we're Fulham through and through" nonsense. Not my Fulham.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rupert on March 13, 2010, 10:16:49 AM
Quote from: bigalffc on March 12, 2010, 07:30:41 PM

We've got a good record on this, at least. Remember the nonsense v QPR at the Cottage about twelve years ago? Fifty of theirs and fifty of "ours", along with a dozen or so of the dark side mates, arranged for a fight in the Enclosure which kicked off as soon as the game started. The ref quickly switched his linos to opposite sides to avoid the trouble. I watched so called FFC fans climb on top of true supporters in their haste to get out of the seats and join the fun.

Our fifty got lifetime bans, despite lots of bleating that they were "only protecting their own" (strange way to protect somebody by stepping on their head, but there you go), QPR claimed they had insufficient evidence to do anything to their thugs, so the following season when they came to the Cottage we hit them with stringent restrictions (season-ticket holders only, name printed on ticket, stewards asking for tickets at random, if you lose your ticket you are out, etc), laughed at their bleating that this was in some way unfair (you let thugs flourish, it is your problem) and only a few thousand of theirs were able to attend.

Since then we have had few problems whilst QPR have been in the news occasionally for more thuggery, for one example after a pre-season friendly against the dark side.
So yes, as long as we can identify the culprits, ban them and ignore thair "but we're Fulham through and through" nonsense. Not my Fulham.
:022:

JezamyBates

Such a shame that so many fans had their entire trip ruined by these thugs

I urge all fans to ignore these idiots, I can assure you they never attend away games usually and were just brought shame to us fans, our club and indeed our nation with their actions

KCat

It was ignoring them at away games over the lasy couple of season, at away games  that  brought us to this day..........