watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We lost.

Started by ron, March 11, 2010, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Hardly reason to call our efforts poor, and claim that Davies is washed up,Etuhu and Greening are worthless, etc.etc.
It was Juventus tonight, and Juventus at home at that.

I thought that we did as well as we would have hoped to have done, save for the fact that Hangeland was fouled without being awarded a penalty, and they scored after the reasonable ending of the first half. 2-1 would have been a good result. But then they would have claimed that our goal was lucky for the deflection.

We haven't suddenly become poor by losing to such a club as Juve.

FatFreddysCat

It was Juve, and they was at home. But you miss judge how good we are. The Shaktar We was poor tonight, but even alloweing for that. it was sloppy defending , especially from set piesces that done for us tonight. I cant see us being as sloppy at home, but the damage may well have been done.I've just reread my post, and i've either deleted some stuff by mistake, or i'm even more out of my nut than i thought i was.

Admin

Quote from: ron on March 11, 2010, 11:27:01 PM
Hardly reason to call our efforts poor, and claim that Davies is washed up,Etuhu and Greening are worthless, etc.etc.
It was Juventus tonight, and Juventus at home at that.

I thought that we did as well as we would have hoped to have done, save for the fact that Hangeland was fouled without being awarded a penalty, and they scored after the reasonable ending of the first half. 2-1 would have been a good result. But then they would have claimed that our goal was lucky for the deflection.

We haven't suddenly become poor by losing to such a club as Juve.

So ron, it looks like you've been the 1st one down to the spa this evening then. So what was it, an over all massage, acupuncture, steam room, follwed by a few large whiskies and a big fat biffter? I'm so glad you're now relaxed about the whole situation. Come on mate....we were cack Juv or bloody Accrington Stanley we never performed and was seriously under par so were a lot of our players. We didn't just lose, it was the manor that lost in...  

ron

Not relaxed, but willing to accept that we were beaten by a very good side who pressured us into mistakes, and stopped us from playing at the pace and tempo that we would have chosen.

bog

Tottaly agree with you Ron. They are a very experienced outfit, we really missed Murphy's presence, their big player is the World Cup winning Cannavarro, wonder if he was missing for them how good they would be.

finnster01

Juventus is crap and very overrated. Their league table doesn't lie. But we were worse on the day. Hangeland got mugged of a penalty. Greening is Sunday League quality at best, thank goodness he is suspended so I don't have to pull out the very few hairs I have left watching that player make another backpass. Most non-constructive player in a Fulham shirt since John Watson.

We desperately need to pool some resources together at some point and buy ourselves some solid creative midfield talent that can properly take over from Murphy. Juventus quality? I beg to differ. Lucky sods, catching us out on the worst performance since Neville Chamberlain went to Europe and came back with a useless piece of paper.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

VicHalomsLovechild

I think last nights result brings things into perspective. We are punching far above our weight and when you slip up (as we did) the fall is a long one.
Juve may not be the team of old but they do have some quality in that team. They have a history of European football and know what how to play their opponents and the officials.
The good thing for us is it's not over yet. We'll have to do something different next Thursday though.
Don't get too down, nobody died and the Cottage will be packed next week full of people hoping to witness something special.

epsomraver

Mr Finn I agree totally with your comments, we really need a midfield general to take over from Murph, the whole team were lacking last night, on a good night we could have won that, we had the chances

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I think there is a far easier explaination than all that,we just ran out of steam,plain and simple,to many games not enough 1st team players,nothing to be ashamed of at all,and if you are being honest it was going to happen at some point,chin up chaps we still have a chance,a slim one,but a chance never the less :54:

Burt

I wouldn't be surprised if we knick it with a 2-0 result at ours.

JBH

Quote from: Burt on March 12, 2010, 09:29:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we knick it with a 2-0 result at ours.

Now that would be Fulhamish   :005: