watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we all have our thoughts

Started by alfie, March 12, 2010, 01:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

so, i am going to stick my 2 pence worth in.
first of all a few people have been saying the Juve were nothing special not that good, but lets face it they really did not have to be, my wife commented that it was good to see Fulham passing the ball around, but unfortunately it was all in our own half and Juve were quite happy to sit there and let us do it, in my opinion we posed very very little threat to them, BZ done a lot of running, made some poor decisions and when a good ball was played up to him he was offside. Davies and Duff supposed to be attacking wingers but were quite poor, ok we have an away goal but hey that shot from DE was more in danger of hitting the corner flag than the goal, Konch done his best but his first game for a while so not going to make any comment about him, Greening ? unfortunately he is the best we have at the moment, of course we don't have him now either for the next game.

Hughes i thought was the best in defence following closely by Baird.
Gera poor first half but was slightly better in 2nd.

I think the problem was we played the name  :048: instead of the team in from of them.

After all that i think we can get 2 goals at the Cottage, don't think they will like playing there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BestOfBrede

I'd rather see Wayne Brown given a go then Greening keep giving away free kicks in dangerous areas !!

LBNo11

...similar to the reasons in my "Quality side" post, and you hit the nail on the head regarding the passing. Juve were more than happy to see us passing the ball around - whilst it was in our own half; as soon as it entered their half they supressed or extinguished any movement or rhythm.

Even in the middle of their half they closed us down so that we were forced to pass sideways or backwards to keep possession, we would then creep forward only for Juve to control us again - groundhog day.

As Tony Gilroy said, they out Hodgson'd Hodgson...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bizarrebaz

Thought the side lacked adventure last night. Our killer balls were all too predictable, which meant Juve midfield and defence were able to intercept almost at will. We need to up the tempo with the passing but keeping the accuracy we have had in previous games. We also need to harry their midfield like we did to Liverpool and Man U into making mistakes and getting flustered and angry. Give them no time to make the fancy flick ons. And we need our strikers to have a go when they see goal and have our players rushing in for the rebounds. Juve are not as classy a side as Shaktar - one of the best footballing sides I have seen in a long while.

Why Brede moved away for the third goal baffles me. All three goals were soft and could have been stopped by early decisive action from midfield or defence. Juve are no great shakes. Let's hammer them at the cottage with English style non-stop running and attitude, mixed with a bit of panache and unpredictable through balls. COYW

LBNo11

...quality first post bizarrebaz, welcome to FOF...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BestOfBrede

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 12, 2010, 01:14:13 PM
I'd rather see Wayne Brown given a go then Greening keep giving away free kicks in dangerous areas !!

Looks like Roy reads and Listens !