watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting XI against Manure

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, March 12, 2010, 05:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

After our midweek excursions it was clear that the hefty toll of games is now taking its toll on the lads. Bob, Gera, Duffer all looked knackered by the final whistle, and I can't help but worry that the Manure game will come far too soon for a lot of the lads who really have put so much effort into the season so far. In addition, and before I say this I am by far a pessimist, but I can not see us getting a result against a currently rampant United and on-fire Rooney, along with a number of other in-form United players. I'm sure Uncle Woy won't do it, due to his strict, rotation-free policy, but I feel as though this is an opportunity for a number of players to rest for Thursday's big game against Juve. Furthermore, the rest will also mean they are sharper for both City and Spurs coming up, both of which we have better chances of winning. Yes, Manure are not invincible at home, and this term numerous teams who are far weaker than us have given them really good games. However, they have hit form recently, and I think it would be a mistake playing the same starting XI as was played in Italy.

Murphy hasn't played now for nearly 2 weeks and so will be well rested. Woy said that, had the Spurs game been a few days later, he would have played, and only missed the Juve tie through suspension. As a result, he should be fit for Sunday. Shorey was also not involved against Juve and Konch, understandably, looked like he needed a few more games under his belt, and as a result I would start him. Furthermore, Bobatov and Gera up front are certainly our most effective forwards, yet the effort they put into every game means that eventually they will 'hit the wall'. With games coming up that are, in all honesty, more vital for our overall season than United away, I would rest them both, maybe having both on the bench, and start Elm and Okaka, Elm with his height and physicality and Okaka with his pace and aggresiveness. It was also brilliant to see Demps back after what feels like a lifetime, although I don't think he is yet ready for a start, I think he should come on for 30 mins or so. This would be my starting XI:

Schwarz

Baird   Hangeland   Hughes   Shorey

Riise   Murphy    Etuhu     Davies

Elm    Okaka

alfie

I think i would consider giving Davies a rest and putting Demps or Konch wide on the left in front of Shorey would have a bit more attacking flair about it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Murphy I am taking it is still injured otherwise I would have him playing, I would rest Simon who is having an inner battle and is frustrated atm. I am also counting out those that were ill Thursday Riise and Elm

Swart
Kelly   Hughes Hang  Shorey

Duff   Baird  Etuhu   Konk

Zamo Okaka

We will be attacked wide so need as much cover that still allows the odd push wide ourselves.

Neeldess to say Roy will pick the same same up 11 with Shorey in for Konk maybe and wonder why we look  Knackered
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Mr. Lighthorse,

Where did you hear that Murphy was injured? Last I heard he's only suffered a brain cramp against Shaktar.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Brede Butter Pudding

Yeah he's not injured I don't think and I expect him to start. Woy said that he only just failed his fitness test before the Spurs game, and had he not been injured he would have played in Turin. I therefore fully expect to see him in the starting XI on Sunday

Lighthouse

It was mentioned on the commentary (TV I think) that Murphy although suspended would not have made the game against Juve as he had not recovered from an injury he picked up in our last league game theat had Greening replacing him during it. He missed Spuds of coarse.

However only AJ, Pantsil are mentioned as missing and Dika is doubtful for United. So hopefuly Murphy will be ok. Although I can tell you that he is suffering with a groin problem still. Honest
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

Ah my bad apologies I obviously read Roy's signs wrongly! In that case, unfortunately, I think we will see Greening and Etuhu in the middle. Hopefully Okaka start I'm praying

FatFreddysCat

Surely Okaka has to start this one, give BZ a rest, otherwise okaka is going to turn out to be anouther Jari Littamen.

Brede Butter Pudding

Yeah, although in the Saturday Fulham stuff there is an article on Okaka's happiness at being at Fulham so that's a good thing. But I completely agree, rest Gera and Bobatov and start Elm and Okaka. However, I'm almost certain that Roy will start with the same starting XI that played against Juve, maybe with Konch swapping with Shorey

bobby01

Sorry fellas i have to disagree with giving Elm a start, he reminds me of Shefqi combined with the aimless running of Joe.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

epsomraver

Elm is just as quick as BZ and holds the ball up well, I have seen him on his starts and apart from doing a Gera in trying too hard and wasting energy he has great potential, I would put money on him getting goals for us if given a run in the team, watched him in the reserves as well and he shines.

Brede Butter Pudding

Interesting that you've seen him in the reserves Epsom, from the games that I've seen him play he's been superb, particuarly against Burnley. I reckon his height and Okaka's pace could cause the United back line some problems, and it would be a good opportunity to rest Bobatov and Gera`

bigalffc

Definitely rest as many as possible for this one. Give starts to Smalling, Reise, Elm, Okaka ,Shorey ,Murphy, Kelly maybe dempsey to help match fitness, play greening but don't start him again EVER and rest as many as possible who will be needed on Thursday.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum