watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Protest

Started by CorkedHat, March 13, 2010, 08:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

I wish to protest. As someone who chalked up around 1500 posts before this MB was changed, I return to the living to discover that I am now nothing more than a Youth Academy player.
This is a downright insult and if "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" doesn't bring this injustice to the attention of the Editor of The Times then I shall know that all semblance of fair play has dissipated into the miasma of insouciance.
I'm only away three months - French Connection is no more and now languishes under the nomenclature of Silver Fox which sounds like something worn by Zsa Zsa Gabor. KCat is no longer a moderator. As you know I am not completely enamoured by this band of snitchers, they remind me of Flashman from Tom Brown's Schooldays, but we need the female influence for God's sake.
And just when I thought I could post what the hell I like knowing that most, if not all, the moderators were safely tucked up in bed with their hot water bottle and copy of Beano, you start to enlist people from around the world to provide a 24 hour watch.
All I need now is to be festooned with details of Mornington Crescent and I shall be off quicker than a bride's nightie. I could become one of the Cottage Corner cognoscenti - think about that.
You have been warned.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Lighthouse

As Confusedlush once said ' He who looks to the past but sees only the future writes for no man who is an example to himself ' I think we can all agree with that and it is something I have always lived by. Actually I have always lived by a skip but lets not delve too deeply into that.

We are what we are perceived to be. I think it was best summed up by that Lenin and Mcarthy song ' All the lonely people, were they now or have ever been a member of the Communist Party. Lets Party on' Still brings a tear to my eyes.

So remember we are all just being filmed on location. You will always be a youth player to me.So much promise and potential. You just haven't realised it yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: CorkedHat on March 13, 2010, 08:51:31 AM
I wish to protest. As someone who chalked up around 1500 posts before this MB was changed, I return to the living to discover that I am now nothing more than a Youth Academy player.
This is a downright insult and if "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" doesn't bring this injustice to the attention of the Editor of The Times then I shall know that all semblance of fair play has dissipated into the miasma of insouciance.
I'm only away three months - French Connection is no more and now languishes under the nomenclature of Silver Fox which sounds like something worn by Zsa Zsa Gabor. KCat is no longer a moderator. As you know I am not completely enamoured by this band of snitchers, they remind me of Flashman from Tom Brown's Schooldays, but we need the female influence for God's sake.
And just when I thought I could post what the hell I like knowing that most, if not all, the moderators were safely tucked up in bed with their hot water bottle and copy of Beano, you start to enlist people from around the world to provide a 24 hour watch.
All I need now is to be festooned with details of Mornington Crescent and I shall be off quicker than a bride's nightie. I could become one of the Cottage Corner cognoscenti - think about that.
You have been warned.

I think I can speak for everybody when I say"Mr Hat,you've been missed :54:"

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 13, 2010, 09:26:34 AM
Actually I have always lived by a skip but lets not delve too deeply into that.

Oh, but you should! All sorts of interesting things can be discovered deep in a skip. For example, the dedicated delver can easily eat like a prince for a week, or at least like a dog named "Prince", by delving in skips outside restaurants and kebab houses.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

KCat

Seeeeeeeeeeeeee what are you like !!!..............that train journey didnt 'learn' you anything.
You bitched long and hard because I was a MoD (..I was always a rocker ) ..

Yes, the Europa scarf is awfully stylish all you need now is a blackthon walking stick and a bigassed cigar  

LBNo11

...I too wish to protest. I have reached a stage where I am considered for sale to 'the big 4' I am not a mercenary to be bought to park my posterior on some plastic bench.

I also wish to protest at Crook Hat's post using un-Battersea like words of a sesquipedalian (p473) nature that has resulted in me wearing out my Oxford English Dictionary.

Finally I think it is scandalous to besmirch (p46) the reputation of the fine ladies who visit this site in suggesting that they should be singled out for moderation, to date not one of them has had to be cautioned for their content.

PS: Your suggestion of defection to Cottage Corner has been noted, we may send you in as a missionary, but I am not sure if you will enjoy your missionary position with the Cottagers there...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

KCat

LB, After that train journey I suspect he would take up any position offered ....except sitting

CorkedHat

So I assume that nothing is to be done about this outrageous injustice. Do I also assume that when you "star" performers achieve 1,000 appearnaces you will be transferred to Macclesfield or Morecambe or perhaps like some useless bovine, retired and put out to pasture? Then the old Corked Hat will be wallowing in his prime whilst you lot will be gnashing what teeth you have left.
But one's status in the team should be judged on performance and not the number of times he or she appears. By your reckoning Reg Stratton would be available to the Big 4 which in his case would be a trolley collector for Tesco, ASDA, Safeway or Sainsburys.
Daft, I call it.

KCat

Ah !!!! stop belly-aching ...............it will give you someting to work towards  :027:

CorkedHat

Quote from: KCat on March 13, 2010, 11:19:12 AM
Ah !!!! stop belly-aching ...............it will give you someting to work towards  :027:

This is true, KCat. It's a bit like going through the belts in Judo until you achieve the coveted black belt. I promise to stop bellyaching until I am transferred to Gateshead with a black belt.

Fernhurst

Quote from: KCat on March 13, 2010, 10:29:13 AM
LB, After that train journey I suspect he would take up any position offered ....except sitting

Standing might even be a bit difficult with a vocabulary that large KCat

Welcome back from your walkabout CH, hope you are feeling much better..... I love it when you talk in terms us mere mortals can't understand.  :dft012:

Logicalman

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 13, 2010, 10:23:43 AM

Finally I think it is scandalous to besmirch (p46) the reputation of the fine ladies who visit this site in suggesting that they should be singled out for moderation, to date not one of them has had to be cautioned for their content.

There is a reason for that, but I am too gentlemanly (er, ok then, cowardly) to mention the obvious.

Welcome home CH, you have so obviously been missed, you slid down the tipping table like Donkey Kong on roller skates, but such is life. The very intoxification (aed pp 25) of your bombastic proclamation of indignity will resonate far and wide.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on March 13, 2010, 11:45:49 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on March 13, 2010, 10:23:43 AM

There is a reason for that, but I am too gentlemanly (er, ok then, cowardly) to mention the obvious.

Welcome home CH, you have so obviously been missed, you slid down the tipping table like Donkey Kong on roller skates, but such is life. The very intoxification (aed pp 25) of your bombastic proclamation of indignity will resonate far and wide.

I trust that you have eradicated my name from the tipping list, Mr L. I would hate it for people to think that I know nothing about football, which alas is true, but I still don't want people to know
it.

Logicalman

Quote from: CorkedHat on March 13, 2010, 12:01:46 PM
I trust that you have eradicated my name from the tipping list, Mr L. I would hate it for people to think that I know nothing about football, which alas is true, but I still don't want people to know
it.

Well, not quite eradicated, or more sort of, um, did bugger all actually, and just left it there.

The good news is that, despite your lacking in providing the weekly consumption to moi, you are still not quite at the foot of the said table (see the sticky area at the top of this MB), and I only kept you there as faith you would return to the fold one day.   :038:

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on March 13, 2010, 12:06:03 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on March 13, 2010, 12:01:46 PM
it.

Well, not quite eradicated, or more sort of, um, did bugger all actually, and just left it there.

The good news is that, despite your lacking in providing the weekly consumption to moi, you are still not quite at the foot of the said table (see the sticky area at the top of this MB), and I only kept you there as faith you would return to the fold one day.   :038:

As most of my friends will gleefully tell you, I am incapable of tipping myself out of bed, so I am probably only marginally behind the score I would have achieved had I submitted an entry each week for the past three months.

Keep me there. Anyone who can score more than zero each week will feel elated that they are better than me, and it is good to make at least one person happy.
Off to bed now. If I have so much as a late night I have a doctor lined up ready to take another blood test. My advice to anyone who will listen is that you should never go to the doctor unless you are one hundred percent fit. Don't go to one if you are ill because I can assure you that you will emerge feeling a lot worse than when you went in.

YankeeJim

Perhaps we should unform Mr. Hat that while he was indisposed, FOF was lifted into the top division. No more Fizzy Pop comments here. We are top flight!!!   :045:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Oh for gawd's sake, Mods, give Mr. Hat his props. He is, after all, one of only 14 people alive [and NOT living in India] who comfortably use the word "festooned" as a verb. Surely, that alone is worth a designated smilie or another ball at least.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel