News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Juve will be playing with their 3rd choice Keeper on Thursday.... a 39 yr old...

Started by Tktd, March 15, 2010, 04:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Juventus have been dealt a major blow with the news that stand-in keeper Alex Manninger will be out for up to three weeks.

The Austrian has been deputising for first choice Gianluigi Buffon, currently out with a thigh injury, but has now suffered a similar injury to the Italy international.

Veteran third choice keeper Antonio Chimenti, 39, stood in for Juve's 3-3 draw with Siena on Sunday, before tests on Manninger's injury on Monday revealed a muscle strain.

The former Arsenal keeper will be out of action for a minimum of two weeks and is definitely out of Thursday's Europa League meeting with Fulham at Craven Cottage.

The Italian giants hold a 3-1 lead from the first leg in Turin and Chimenti is expected to start once again with 19-year-old rookie Carlo Pinsoglio set to provide extra cover.

Meanwhile, Uruguay international defender Jose Martin Caceres has developed an abdominal injury and will return to parent club Barcelona for treatment.

If we get everyone up for the game and players like Duff and Zamora etc take shots we really could have a good chance of overturning the defecit and possibly even winning. Expect long range shots though as Cannavaro is still up for the game and if you play oo close to him you will end up not getting anywhere as Zamora was in Cannavaros pocket in Italy.

Steve_orino

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

KCat

.....................Yes but Buffon is back in training for the past week  :013:
....................and no news on Hangeland  :013: :013: :013:

I love this from their site ( I hope you all have your cravats washed and pressed for Thursday !!!
13 March 2010
Manchester too strong for Fulham
Three days after the defeat at the Olimpico, Fulham lost again in the championship. The match away to Manchester United was a hard one. Hodgson's team was beaten 3-0 at the Old Trafford, but held for the whole of the first half, which ended in a 0-0 draw. In the second half Rooney (twice) and Berbatov closed the match.

While awaiting the match on Thursday at Cravet Cottage against Juventus, Fulham remains in the middle of the Premier League table.

Tom

Fulham for life!

The Doctor

If anyone's interested, here's the highlights of Juve v Siena http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERlDInDVgrI#

Chimenti doesn't get anywhere near anything in the box to judge from those highlights

Brede Butter Pudding

On the flip side, talk about tidy finishes. Bloody hell, Del Piero's lethal in front of goal, we can't afford to give their forwards that sort of space

FC Silver Fox

Our 1st choice keeper is 38 , getting on for 39 too , so age isn't a factor. Match sharpness could make a difference though.  SHOOT  SHOOT SHOOT !!!
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Lighthouse

He will play a blinder. But we hope to shoot more than once so we live in hope.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope