watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are YOU ready to give?

Started by Logicalman, March 16, 2010, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Interesting story here on the BBC, I wonder how Citeh will set out the stall, and whether the refs will be the greatest contributors (according to the fans across the land, the refs are the biggest w&%$s), then again, they're a real bunch of them at the Citeh ground already!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/8567999.stm

Sports fans in Manchester urged to donate sperm

Sports players and fans are being targeted in a campaign to get more sperm donors to help couples struggling to conceive.

The National Gamete Donation Trust wants to increase the number of new donors in the UK to about 500, from its latest figure of 384.

Leaflets and posters are being sent to 30 sports clubs and venues in the pilot area of Greater Manchester.

The posters pose the question "Sperm donation - have you got the balls?"

One in six couples in the UK struggles to conceive and some areas have waiting lists for those who need donor sperm.

It is hoped that the sports theme of the posters will encourage more men to come forward.

One says: "Strong swimmers wanted" and another encourages volunteers with "Whatever your shape and size, couples need your help".

The number of new sperm donors dipped in the UK in 2004 to 224. The law changed in 2005, meaning egg and sperm donors did not have the right to anonymity.

But since then the number of new donors has increased with 384 registering in 2008.

The children of donors can trace their biological parents when they reach 18.

Donors are not paid, but can claim expenses.

Laura Witjens, chairwoman of the National Gamete Donation Trust, said: "In the UK there are hundreds of couples who need a sperm donor to help them conceive the child they long for so much, either because of infertility or genetic disease.

"These couples rely on men stepping forward as sperm donors."

In the latest figures from 2006, there were 5,000 cycles of fertility treatment in the UK which used donor sperm.

Lighthouse

We are running out of space and food and yet we want more of the cancer of human beings to infect the Earth?  :037:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

The reason this appeal was launched in Mancester is its a well known fact that it's where 99% of the mass debators in this country live.  :020:

finnster01

Quote from: JBH on March 16, 2010, 12:39:37 PM
The reason this appeal was launched in Mancester is its a well known fact that it's where 99% of the mass debators in this country live.  :020:
I would argue that you can find at least equally as many of that ilk just a little further up the River Mersey  :014:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

JBH

Quote from: finnster01 on March 16, 2010, 01:09:12 PM
Quote from: JBH on March 16, 2010, 12:39:37 PM
I would argue that you can find at least equally as many of that ilk just a little further up the River Mersey  :014:

That was the 2nd option but they thought that the scousers would not do any sort of manual work in case it affected their benifits claim!  :55:

epsomraver

That was the 2nd option but they thought that the scousers would not do any sort of manual work in case it affected their benifits claim!  :55:
[/quote]
Ha Ha really made laugh that one! can you imagine the scousers going into HSBC and asking where they can donate!

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on March 16, 2010, 01:27:12 PM
Ha Ha really made laugh that one! can you imagine the scousers going into HSBC and asking where they can donate!
[/quote]

Dunno about that. reminds me of the old jokes: What do you call a scouser in a bank?

bigalffc

They are paying £50 per donation, that makes that old towel under fergies bed worth about £15k!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum