News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The reasons why we're so terrible away from home and why we'll lose to Juventus.

Started by Tktd, March 16, 2010, 02:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Hangeland wont be his usual self and if he doesn't play , no matter whether they have their third choice keeper in goal, we just wont have the back line or the height capable of looking after the likes of Del Piero, Trezeguet and Diego at once.

Why we lose away from home is just as simple...

Fulham have one of the smallest grounds in the league and with the smallest ground in the league it makes up for our home form because it's the most consistant pitch we train for, whilst the away pitches are much bigger which make us out of sorts when attacking. It's simple and was probably brought in purposefully to improve our chances of playing in the premiership when we were going through relegation scrap after relegation scrap.... think about it.

TonyGilroy

The ground size thing is a myth.

All Prem pitches are of a very similar size. Ours looks smaller because the crowd is so close.

LBNo11

...not sure this is true, well, for the premiership that is:-

1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 Yards, 8932

2. Manchester United, Old Trafford, 116 x 76 yards, 8816

3. Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park, 115 x 76 yards, 8740

4. Everton, Goodison Park, 112 x 78 yards, 8736

5. Wolves, Molineux, 115 x 75 yards, 8625

6. Aston Villa, Villa Park, 114 x 75 yards, 8550

7. Hull City, K C Stadium, 115 x 74 yards, 8510

8. Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436

9. Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 114 x 74 yards, 8436

10. Wigan Athletic, JJB Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436

11. Portsmouth, Fratton Park, 115 x 73 yards, 8395

12. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 110 x 75 yards, 8250

13. Fulham, Craven Cottage, 110 x 75 yards, 8250

14. Liverpool, Anfield, 110 x 75 yards, 8250

15. Birmingham City, St. Andrews, 110 x 74 yards, 8140

16. Tottenham Hotspur, White Hart Lane, 110 x 73 yards, 8030

17. Bolton Wanderers, Reebok Stadium, 110 x 72 yards, 7920

18. Burnley, Turf Moor, 112 x 70 yards, 7840

19. West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 110 x 70 yards, 7700

20. Stoke, Britannia Stadium, 110×70 yards, 7700

there is not that much of a difference, we have the same pitch size as the other team in Fulham and Liverplod..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

And the one away ground we always do well at has the largest pitch - Man City.

WhiteJC

the condition of our pitch is bad, this is going to effect our passing (or lack of) game

Peabody

I think pitch size has nothing to do with it. I am sure that if it was thought to be a problem, there are many pitches at Motspur Park were we train and I am sure they can make pitches to suit the size of were we are going to play.

HatterDon

so, what y'all are saying is, "Size doesn't matter; it's what you do with it that counts," right?

I've heard that somewhere before.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

We will never win another game this season because our pitch is cutting up so our home advantage is gone. We will lose to Juventus because we will not bother to shoot and we will lose to Spuds because we will not bother to enter their area.

Our squad is tired and that is why we are having injury problems and making mistakes.

One size fits all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

os5889

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 16, 2010, 04:16:41 PM
We will never win another game this season because our pitch is cutting up so our home advantage is gone. We will lose to Juventus because we will not bother to shoot and we will lose to Spuds because we will not bother to enter their area.

Our squad is tired and that is why we are having injury problems and making mistakes.

One size fits all.

Dude wheres your blingo gone?

Lighthouse

Quote from: os5889 on March 16, 2010, 04:25:21 PM

One size fits all.

Dude wheres your blingo gone?

I was feeling so alone  :005:

Brede Butter Pudding

One size fits all.

How depressing. Glad to see you're optimistic. Just to let anyone know, this pessimism hasn't affected my optimism in the slightest. I'm still confident we can beat Juve at home, and your point about not having enough "Height" to deal with the Juve forwards is pretty ridiculous. Del Piero is 5 ft 8, Diego is 5 ft 8 and Trezeguet is 6 ft 3. Aaron Hughes is 6 ft, so taller than both Diego and Del Piero, Hangeland is 6 ft 5 and Smalling is 6 ft 4. The only aerial threat there is Trezeguet but in the firt leg he offered little aerially.

We are a different team at the cottage, have some optimism, all this pessimism isn't necessary

Lighthouse

Actually I have already said that as long as we do try and put pressure on Juve we can overturn the tie. My point was that the size of the ground is just one in a list of things that we can call up as excuse. But one size fits all. Both in pitch and excuses.

So we play to win we may just win. Play with 11 players behind the ball we will struggle.