watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are We Safe From Vultures This Summer?

Started by White Noise, March 16, 2010, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Are we bulletproof in terms of players being tempted away as long as Roy is safe and serene?

The manager seems to hold people in because he is loyal to them, improves their game and gets results. Should we fear losing anyone this summer that we don't want to lose and, if so, who?

finnster01

Biggest fear: Roy to a big ass European country - candidates: France, Germany or Italy, possibly England but I doubt Capello getting the sack
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

I don't think Roy has that much hold on players. They all say he is a great manager and so on but most would move given the right club and dosh. I can see BZ moving on under his own sream this time. No Hull City this season coming in for him but bigger clubs.

If Demps has a good World Cup then he will be tempted away. Konk may see the writing on the wall if we go for a left sided Full Back or can keep Shorey. As we have sold Smalling I expect Brede will now be tempted away leaving us light at the back.

AJ may go anyway and Roy will be left with a mini re building job to do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

I think that Zamora, Hangeland and Schwarzer will be targets. If/when Zamora starts scoring again more clubs will 'ask' about his availability, I'm not sure he's happy here I think it all depends on what happens with AJ, i.e. who will be the 'main man'

Fernhurst

Has this Great Britain manager thing faded away??

I believe interest may centre around Demps (especially if he has a decent World Cup)
Haggers as any tall centre back who does well in the Prem will be under the spotlight.
Lots of rumours will abound about  Bobby Z but I think he will stay.
Be interesting to see what Roy does about the left back spot.

I'd be more interested to know who we think may come in?

where do we need to strengthen??

Tktd

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 16, 2010, 04:54:11 PM
I don't think Roy has that much hold on players. They all say he is a great manager and so on but most would move given the right club and dosh. I can see BZ moving on under his own sream this time. No Hull City this season coming in for him but bigger clubs.

If Demps has a good World Cup then he will be tempted away. Konk may see the writing on the wall if we go for a left sided Full Back or can keep Shorey. As we have sold Smalling I expect Brede will now be tempted away leaving us light at the back.

You're a bit of a depressing old fart aren't you!

Fernhurst

and we wouldn't wan't it any other way mate!! - keep it real  :028:

this mb's very own Jack Dee!!!  :045:

Steve_orino

Quote from: Tktd on March 16, 2010, 07:49:29 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 16, 2010, 04:54:11 PM

You're a bit of a depressing old fart aren't you!

Hence being one half of the Blino/Lighthouse scale...famously created by the one and only HatterDon.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09