watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair play to Juventus fans

Started by Rupert, March 18, 2010, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

I did notice, amongst the general euphoria and pinch-me-I'm-dreaming going on, that as each and every one of our players passed the away section in the JH stand after the game, a large section of the Juve fans gave them some very generous applause, which our lot noticed and reciprocated.
While their team may not have performed to the highest of standards (thankfully) their supporters definatley showed that they have a lot of class.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Brede Butter Pudding

You read it very differently to me mate, I thought they looked like they were giving their lads quite a lot of stick and stayed quiet when our lot walked past... not one of their players seemed to acknowledge their presence, and that would make sense considering Felipe Melo's outburst against them recently. That said, I stand at the back of the Hammersmith and so I'm sure you had a much better view than me

Rupert

I was watching from the Riverside, the appreciative lot were lower down, so perhaps we were looking at seperate parts of the same crowd? I pointed it out to a friend who saw it too, so hopefully it's not just me going ga-ga.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

PokerMatt

Was in the Putney end tonight and I made the comment at the time that their fans were applauding Brede and can't remember who else, but whoever he was with when they walked past. It was the bottom section I saw as well - the same bunch who were having a right go at Zebina when he got sent off
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Tktd

I saw them applaud the Fulham Players too after the final whistle from the Riverside stand - for me it's the sign of a great club to have had all that success but still have a humble and appreciative fan base. It is a great testament to a great club and it's great to see, especially as there are soo many glory hunting fans in England who rarely give any sort of recognition to "smaller teams" if the bigger teams get beaten!...

I hope that we'd end up like that if we ever become as successful as Juve. Very nice to see...